1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

washer fluid reservoir leak...

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MikeV, Sep 16, 2023.

1. MikeV

MikeV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    has anyone else had issue with winshield fluid reservoir leaking. gen 4

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds familiar, but maybe it was gen 5. can you spot the leak? have you tried putting fluid in an inch a day and seeing when it leaks? checked the connections?

3. MikeV

MikeV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    it seems to be slow but its leaking from i think anyway the long goose neck piece that connects to the tank. it was replaced after an accident by insurance repair so the prev owner never drove it much and the shop that did the work states they do not warrant it since i am new owner

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like a simple replacement is needed. are they expensive? if so, maybe ebay or salvage

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Could be it's just leaking till it gets down to the bottom of the filler neck? Not good, but worth checking. Work-around would be to fill with a light on it (if possible), and stop before you get up into the neck.

6. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    My Gen III had that problem, leaking at the joint between the filler neck and the tank. The tank fits in the space ahead of the right-front wheel well and you can just see the tank top and seal below the filler neck at that transition. I never took it apart to reseat the seal or figure out why it leaked, just kept the top-offs below the filler neck. OP mentions front end damage so there may be some misalignment of parts allowing leakage.

MikeV and Mendel Leisk like this.