1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Washer Fluid

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by maggieddd, Feb 23, 2006.

1. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Is there a way to adjust washer fluid nozzles so they spray a bit higher and not just the bottom of the windshield?

2. dreichla

dreichla New Member

I accidentally dislodged the spray assembly while drying my car of last summer and didn't notice it until I tried to spray the windshield.

I think the guy behind me got more fluid than I did.

So - maybe you could use a small plastic spacer or shim to alter the elevation of the spray in a more permanent fashion.

3. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I thought someone said the ports in the nozzles could be adjusted. I seem to recall they stuck a pin in them and moved them up and down. Don't bet the farm on it though I reckon. Maybe a search would turn it up.

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

thanks for your replies.

Another question:
    When I spray, the wipers get in a way because they move as soon as I try to spray. Did anyone experience that?

5. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    haha.. that bugs me too. So what I did is quickly spray it again after the wipers moved away.

6. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I've been doing the same. But I still don't like it

7. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Someone posted a long time ago that the nozzles are adjustable, and even included instructions and photographs on how to do the adjustment. As I recall, the adjustment was tricky.

8. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Some people like using a pin - I've found that a 1/8" screwdriver does a good job without running the risk of damaging the nozzle itself.

9. jfidler

jfidler New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    1/8" seems a bit large... The nozzles (in most) are actually a tiny metal ball in plastic socket about the size of a "BB" (.177cal?)... The hole is about the size of the cross-section of a safety pin or small sewing needle. Sometimes, after a few years, they get stuck. When this happens use something like the sewing needle, the pin will fit but will probably bend, a tiny drill bit is sometimes too brittle and breaks off (very bad). Then move it farther than you think test it and re-adjust, aim for mid to bottom half. As a last resort try just pulsing the w/washer switch during mid-sweep of wiper. Best refill fluid is bottle of water with 1/2oz of shampoo and 1/2oz of rubbing alcohol - works great. Fitela

10. Jaquimo

Jaquimo Paraglider, Prius glider...

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On my 2007 the nozzles spraying the windscreen each has 2 little swivels with 2 jets each. If you want to adjust those you need 2 pins or straightened paper clips in order to adjust both jets of water simultaneously on each swivel. It is quite tricky since any change to one jet influences the other jet on the same swivel.

On my wife's 2009 the nozzles each contains 3 little swivels with one jet each. Much easier to adjust.

11. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They suck! Toyota should buy the design used on the Honda Civic, which works much better.