1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Washington state, does it have california-esque potential?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, May 10, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1. I think there will be a white flight from the california and the other border states as the unyielding hispanic population continues to grow unhindered.

2. No state income tax, can be attractive for domestic immigration from other states.

3. Has the 3rd largest port on the west coast. With ever increasing chinese imports, traffic through there can only grow.

4. With global warming, it's gonna get too hot for locales nearer the equator(ie. california). It's going to be nice and comfy in WA in 30-40 years.

5. A nice army base(Fort Lewis) smack dab in the metro/Puget sound area for a good constant source of employment.

6. Decent industries(Microsoft, Boeing, and Starbucks) all center in the Puget Sound.

2. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ May 10 2006, 05:23 PM) [snapback]253189[/snapback]</div>

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    "California-esque potential?"

Sure . . . we can Californicate Washington State too. :eek:

Currently we are busy Californicating Southern Oregon. Once we are finished making our way up through the rest of Oregon, the Columbia River will not be a formidable enough barrier to slow our march Northward.

I believe Bellingham will be our limit . . . unless you wish to count the advance parties scoping out British Columbia. (and you thought it was just Iraq War deserters :lol: )

Me personally, I've already scoped out a prime location on Orcas Island with a sweet unobstructed view down the Puget Sound. :p

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Begreen,

Are you trying to keep us out?