1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Washingtonpost article

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JRGris, May 26, 2008.

1. JRGris

JRGris New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There is an interesting article on Washingtonpost.com about how driving a car like the Prius can change driving habits. Some work is being done to make devices that will help in monitoring eneregy use in the home as well.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the tip JRGris but, in the future, could you please post a link to the article? It will likely generate more responses. :)

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here's the link.

4. sleonardelli

sleonardelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I know since I bought my Prius, my driving habits have definitely changed. No longer need the radar detector since I am more aware of my speed.

5. jjksutton

jjksutton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My habits have defintely changed and I would attribute it to the MFD keeping me in line. The whole point of getting the Prius for me was to consume less fuel. Knowing what actions attribute to furthering that goal have impacted the way I drive. I find driving to be a much more relaxing experience now, cruising along in the right lane.

6. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I sometimes worry that all of us who actually pay attention to how we drive our Prius will give drivers of other cars a bad impression of the Prius... on the other hand.. every time I see some moron race to the next redlight, I really don't care. The other day, this woman behing me, in an SUV of course, was all freaked out that I was coasting to a red light. We were only four cars back btw. And ten miles down the road, with her driving like a madwoman (cutting back and forth, tailgating, etc) I'd pull right up next to her or behind her at every red light. Once I even honked, gave her the thumbs up and waved!! Funny.. her blood pressure up, her mileage down and she didn't get to her destination even one second before me while I got over 75mpg on that ten mile stretch.

7. blazer_5154

blazer_5154 Heh, you said "member"

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I went away to Myrtle Beach for Memorial Day and I was surprised to see how many people would pass me 4 - 5 times each. I guess they probably all had to stop for gas, I filled up once before leaving and didn't need to stop for anything.

8. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They are in such a hurry they dont even notice they arent getting anywhere!