1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Washinton State Prius Owners....Unite!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by catsbox, Aug 11, 2005.

1. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    We now have clean air legislation passed in Washington State. It is supposed to be in line with that in place in California. So why is it that Washington continues to be the state that offers the fewest incentives for hybrid owners? Shouldn't our perks be in line with those of California as well? What can we do to get such incentives implemented? Why is it that Washinton will only require clean car standards if Oregon does? Who cares what Oregon does? Washington Clean Cars

Go to the following to see how the states compare (Not yet updated with California's new HOV lane perks).

National Clean Car campaign

Source: US Department of Energy’s Vehicle Buyer's Guide for Consumers

....California Public agencies in the Bay Area can apply for funds of up to $2,000 towards the purchase of hybrids.

Free parking is available for hybrid vehicles purchased in San Jose after 1/1/03 at downtown public parking facilities and on-street meters throughout the city.

In Santa Barbara County, funding of $1000 for up to ten hybrid vehicles is available for Air Pollution Control District residents.

For more information visit www.driveclean.cal.gov.

Washington Hybrid vehicles with an EPA fuel economy rating of at least 50 mpg during city driving are exempt from emission control inspections.

You know how much savings we get in Washington State? About $15 every other year. This is a disgrace.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i think the reason why they dont get a lot of special treatment is because they have been popular with the state for a long time and the state and various government agencies at the city, county and district level owns more Prius hybrids than anyone else.

i work across the street for the old Dept of Health (they are in the process of moving... again. and they have 5 or 6 Priuses in the lot, all 2004's. they got theres about the time i got mine. in the middle of 6-9 month waits across the country...