1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Watching Videos on the Navigation Screen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusTouring07, Jul 21, 2007.

1. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

Is it possible to watch DVDs or video from your I-Pod on the Navigation screen through some hacks? Is the screen resolution good enough for video in the first palce?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes, but it requires several mods to get the audio into the sound system and the video into the MFD. Easier to get a dedicated DVD player.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    you need a video controller unit. It acts as a median between your source and the screen.

4. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 22 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]483076[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the info! Know where I can purchase this video controller unit? So with it, I'd be able to load a DVD through the Navigation DVD slot and watch DVDs? Thanks.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    any controller works... some A/V guy (said he had a good amount of knowledge in this area) gave me this unit

It's a JVC, model no. KDAV 6160.

Now this is a while ago (at least one year..) so there probably is a newer model replacing it.

No, you don't play through the Navigation DVD player. You need a separate DVD player (one of those portable ones) that have RCA outputs. And of course you need a male-male set of RCA wires.