1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water filter for arsenic

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Trollbait, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Since the new EPA limits, our township has been exceeding the arsenic limit in tap water. So I started looking at the options available for reducing it. There seems to be a goodly amount out there. So I'm asking the hivemind here for any suggestions.

An under the sink model is what I'd prefer, but I'm on budget, so flexible. I want to avoid reverse osmosis because of the water waste. The 'waste free' models intrigue me, but have a more involved installation with running wire for an outlet. Plus, there's the cost. I have come across some inexpensive filters. They just didn't have certifications and test results up on their sites.

Thanks

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Forgive my ignorance, but are you just concerned now stricter limits have been imposed and therefore the existing levels of arsenic show up worse or has the amount of arsenic increased?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's like when the epa changed their testing proceedure, and everyone thought their mileage went down.:D

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The liver is an excellent arsenic filter. :D

2 people like this.
  5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It shouldn't matter. If she doesn't want to accept the risk under today's tightening standards, she shouldn't have to.