1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water leakage!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by MrMagoo, Aug 8, 2013.

1. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Greetings all,

Just after getting my Prius I one day noticed water dripping down on my feet. Since it is summer I was just wearing my Tom's shoes so I noticed the quite small amount of water falling down on my left foot. I figured it had to bee water stuck on the brake pedal dripping down...

A few weeks later my girlfriend complained about the same thing, but this time on the passanger side. Did not find out where the water was coming from.

Today it happend again on the drivers side. After heavy rain I sat down in the seat, started the car, and removed the parking break- and then it happened again!?! This time it was quite a bit of water! The floor is moist and it's wet up against the torpedo wall (If that is what it is called).

The car is a 2010, and I know Toyota changed the windshield before I got the car because of a chip in the glass.

Anybody else experienced this? Can it be the AC, or do you think it is because of a poor job on the new windshield?

Best regards,
    M.

2. Tande

Tande Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If it looks like a "Gorilla & it's eating a banana" , it probably is a......;)

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My water leaking is because one of my church ladies is having her knee replaced and has kicked the condensate hose off the A/C. Lots of water in the front passenger footwell of my v. I have my v garaged, so I knew it was not a leak from the outside.

The dealer reattached it.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    +1 vote for the A/C drain, that should be the first suspect.

5. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I vote for a bad windshield seal. The AC condensation drain is only on the passenger side and it's under the carpet. Even if it leaked, you could not feel it on your feet.

6. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, people have reported it peeing on both sides of the console, and on their feet. It's an easy thing to rule out by actually checking it.

7. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Well, the car is back from inspection, and they found nothing wrong... After washing the car today I noticed mist on the inside of the window. Not much, the size of a coin- but still, some sort of moist. To be continued...