1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water leaks over fuse box above the left leg inside the car

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Loay .kh, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Loay .kh

Loay .kh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have 2010 . ihave 2 prplms first one is when it raining and the car is is stopped out side i notice that there are small amount of water leaks from the region over the fuses box i think .over the left leg .
    And the other is the light of ((ABS)) . I dont need to make it disappeared but to know what is the problm too ....
    Thanx

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! how many miles on her? i'm thinking windshield seal, clogged cowling drains, maybe a gutter seam. any accidents?

3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ABS means brakes. Don't fool around with that. You need a mechanic to read the diagnostic code and learn what's wrong with your brakes. It may be cheap or it may be expensive. Once you get a diagnosis and a repair quote, you can ask us for opinions. But your safety is important and you need a car that can stop. You don't want to run over a child because you ignored a warning light. Get it fixed.

It may even be that your master cylinder is leaking brake fluid, and it's dripping down onto the fuse box. Here is a quick check you can do: Open the hood and check the level of fluid on the brake fluid reservoir. With the hood open, as you face the car you will see two fluid containers on your right side (driver's side) in the back. One has pink fluid, and the one behind it has yellow fluid. The one with the yellow fluid, closer to the windshield, is the brake fluid reservoir. You will see markers labeled MAX and MIN. If it's way below MIN, you have a problem.

#3 Rebound, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    The Electric Me likes this.