1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

water pump gone 2004 pirus

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by bjmurphy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. bjmurphy

bjmurphy New Member

water pump went at 60,000 I have the extended warrenty, the pupm and instalation was free from the dealer, but I had to pay for a part to install the pump, think it was some type of gasket . the dealer said that it wasn't included in the warrenty, but I would have to have it replaced with the water pump. anyone have this happen to thier 2004
    Barbara

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

If the gasket is a buck or two, fine, but anything more and you should call Toyota customer care and ask for reimbursement. If they covered the water pump (as they shoudl with the warranty), you don't owe a penny. Did they say what gasket they charged you for? What does the receipt say?

3. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think so too. Though my experience is not related to Prius, but other brand (Also the water pump). Everything was charged back to the warranty I don't need to pay anything, except my time to bring it in.

Warranty should be covering the job of replacing parts related to the problem, not just bit by bit. Otherwise they can also charge you to pay for the diagnostic time (to find out what the problem is).

Keep us posted.

4. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    my water pump on my 05 prius broke, the pulley broke in half, so i had to purchase a new one, its real easy to install luckily, just sticks in the slot on the side of the engine.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    which gasket?

6. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i think the OP is talking about the gasket for the engine water pump.

when i bought my water pump it came with a gasket, but then again i bought it used

7. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That is absolutely rediculous. The warranty should cover the cost of the repair. Just politely call up Toyota customer service and read them your costs shown on your receipt.