1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water streaks on the Interior Plastic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by marcsbike, Oct 17, 2004.

1. marcsbike

marcsbike Junior Member

Hi!

I'm a new member of Prius Chat (just picked up my 2005 Millennium Silver/BC last week!) but have thoroughly enjoyed reading many of the posts here...

I took my new baby out for a spin in the rain and twice opened the driver window and passenger window with the result that some rain fell on the burgundy plastic below the window. Both times there were truly ugly looking water streaks when the water dried. I cleaned it off with Windex which temporarily took care of the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to protect the plastic so that this doesn't happen?

Thanks!
    Marc

2. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I wipe those water drops as soon as possible, or use Windex like you did. You could try applying wax or some other product but I don't think it'll be worth it.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    being in WA St. i noticed that the rain drips vertically from the top of the window inside the car.

my sister (who works in aftermarket care dept at Ford dealer) has been after me to get rain guards. they are plastic moulding pieces that go over the windows to deflect rain from coming into the car.

4. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Frank H. also found that the Mr. Clean magic erasers are good for removing marks from the matte finish inside the car. Just soak them in water and squeeze them to remove the excess, then scrub them lightly over the marked area and it will remove the streaks, etc.

I think they're mildly abrasive, so only use them gently, and they work just fine.

I've considered getting the rain deflectors, but havn't quite got there yet. I think that another local Prius owner (Ernie G.) has some on his Black 04.

Dave.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    rain is .....

6. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I used a damp chamois, came up like new when it dried.. and all water spots completely gone.