1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waves--And sheds tears of joy for our departed Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prinux, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Prinux

Prinux New Member

Hi all. New here, not new to hybrids. We had a beautiful, pristine, 2004 super white package 5 (we drove well out of state to pick 'er up in Feb. 04)... up until about three weeks ago.

The Sienna that hit my husband (he's the Prius driver... I actually don't drive, but love the car for other reasons)... took our nose almost clear off, pushed the engine back about two inches, and our car, once with a rectangular foot print, is now a rhombus.

This is it:
    [​IMG]

You can't really tell that it's so skewed to one side, but trust me. It's a bit disturbing.

Air bags didn't go off, and my husband didn't even have a stiff neck the next day... He said it was the gentlest accident he could have imagined... even though he was going maybe 5 mph and the other car about 35.

Unfortunately, our lovely Super White is now super totaled.

We are picking up our 2007 Seaside Pearl #5 next week from Acton Toyota. They've been good to deal with, and (truthfully) I like the Seaside Pearl better than the white. Looking SO forward to getting out of the crappy rental car, and back into a car with a smooth ride and Sirius. :)

I guess I just wanted to share the sad pics, the happy news, and introduce myself.

*Waves*

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey, I like the Super White! :angry:

The important thing is that your husband wasn't hurt and that he will be able to drive a new Prius very soon. :)

3. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prinux @ Sep 20 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]515455[/snapback]</div>
    I'd recommend getting an x-ray at the very least. If the fault is 100% the other car, you can also have all your medical paid for by their insurance company, but only if you get a good injury lawyer. I was rear ended in 2005 and it was 100% their fault, my 1988 Civic was totalled which was very sad as it was in near mint condition and I was planning to drive it another 10 years until it croaked. I had chiropractic treatment for 6 months along with physical therapy and massages and I'm fine today. It was all paid for thanks to my injury lawyer and I got a 4 figure check after it was all done to help pay for the replacement (got a very low amount for the 88 Civic, not nearly enough to replace it).

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    SWEET! This is my new back half for my Prius Limo.

Now, somebody, just get rear ended. Please match the color, and I'd like NAV and Bluetooth please.

;-)

Nate

P.S. Glad to hear everyone is okay.

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Sep 20 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]515471[/snapback]</div>
    I got rear ended last spring. Super White, NAV, Bluetooth, Leather. Unfortunately for you, I only needed to get the bumper cover repaired and repainted.

I'm not planning on having it happen again. ;)

6. prius2go

prius2go Member

sorry to hear about that :(
    poor super white
    glad youre both ok :)

Are any of the interior trim panels available?

7. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Welcome. Whoohoo another New Englander. Ouch! Glad you're OK. Check out the New England thread for local meet-ups. Come visit us at Alt-Wheels in Boston Sept. 28 & 29th and introduce yourselves.

8. Prinux

Prinux New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Sep 20 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]515489[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, you might know my husband. :) He's been going to Alt Wheels for a few years now as part of his work with the Health Commission. He was at some event (the Green Cabs thing at Logan, I think?) and Mayor Menino sat in our ill-fated little Prius (he thought it was parked there as a prop... really, my husband was queueing up to beat the traffic out of the terminal ;) ).

We're hoping that our Seaside Pearl should come home Wednesday or Thursday this week. :)

Thanks for the condolences... It really was quite a bummer. It was a great car... And it kept DH safe... which makes it even better. Guess that's why we're going back a second time. :)

take care
    shoe