1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wax, Licence plate holder and plates for my NEW prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Teknocrat, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Teknocrat

Teknocrat New Member

Hi all!

Well, in my last (and only) post I asked about how to buy a prius in Northern Virginia. Well, your comments were appreciated, and I was able to go to Lustine Toytota and buy a new prius right off the lot! No waiting, paid MSRP. Package two, black. Just How I wanted! (and by the way, i've seen at least 3 others on their lot. No waiting list there.)

I have a few questions for everyone on how to treat my new baby. Firstly, it just rained on her for the frist time and I noticed that the rain beads up nicely on the finish. I'd like to keep it that way. Any experiences with waxing/protecting the finish on the prius? Any products to recommend or avoid? Tips, Tricks?

Secondly, I am getting the clean fuel plates, for it. I have 6 characters to play with. I'm thinking 50+MPG. Other recommends? Was thinking W SUX or something equally political and inflamitory, but I don't want my baby getting destroyed by an angry SUV driver (which we have plenty of here in VA).

Thirdly, I'd like to get licence plate holders. My dealer sent me home with some, but I don't feel like advertising for them. Anywhere to get prius themed license plate holders?

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Just flip the plate holders over and use them 'backwards' like I did. Move out of VA. They are about to issue license plates indicating you are hetrosexual, thereby leaving gays who don't get these plates prey to VA state troopers.

3. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think you may be able to find answers to most of your questions with a few quick searches here.

Here is a thread with detailing links. If you do a search, there are other threads discussing protective finishes as well.

There are a couple of threads on custom liscence plates. Thread one and thread two .

I know there has been some discussion of getting custom liscence plate frames. Possibility of PriusChat frame and custom liscence plate frames

Hope this helps some.

4. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

For a "wax", I highly recommend Zaino, which you can get from www.zainobros.com. It costs a bit more than regular car wax, but the shine (especially on darker colors) is phenomenal, plus....one coat will last several months. If you decide to get that, you need to get at least the "ZFX" and the #2 show car polish.