1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We can't complain about US prices.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Greysquirrel34, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Greysquirrel34

Greysquirrel34 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was on an Canadian newspaper site and thought I would check out the price of the Prius, this is what I came up with for is what we would call a Prius III with a couple of nice options that we don't get with the III. Check out the destination price.
    2010 Toyota Prius 5dr HB

Build and Price

Step 1 Choose Model Details›Step 2 Select Options›Step 3 Get a Quote›Finish

PRICE ESTIMATOR

2010 Toyota Prius 5dr HB

Base price : $27,800.00

Options :$2,345.00

Destination : $1,420.00

Total :$31,565.00

View Details
    Share / Bookmark
    Lease & Finance Calculator

Additional sales taxes apply. MSRP based on information available at posting and is subject to change. Individual dealers may sell for less. Contact your local dealer for details.

Your Model Details

Step 2
    SELECT OPTIONS

Air Cond Excise Tax

Federal Air Conditioning Excise Tax$100.00

Value Pkg

Pkg A, -Inc: Std Equipment$0.00

Premium Pkg, -Inc: Premium Jbl Am/Fm/Mp3/Wma Audio System W/Cd Player, Integrated Xm Satellite Radio, 6-Disc Cd Changer, (8) Speakers, Garage Door Opener, Bluetooth Capability, Driver/Passenger Footwell Lamp, Front Passenger Door Handle Lock/Unlock Touch Sensor, Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror W/Backup Camera$2,245.00

2. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My 08 Prius was $37,271 out the door, taxes in. No extra warranty, the only extra was $299 for window tint. Right after I bought it Toyota Canada dropped the price by $1,900 across the board on all Prius trim levels. Right now you can get a new 09 for $4,000 off sticker price (I think my local dealer has 1 left) which is a total of $5,900 less than I paid for mine ($6,490 less including tax).

Remind me again why I bought a Toyota? I dumped my Ford because I thought my Toyota would have better resale than the Ford. I guess I learned my lesson, that was a misconception. Toyota doesn't have better resale in my case, but it has been more reliable and enjoyable to drive.

With your cheap gas and cars you (US residents) have little to complain about when it comes to vehicles...

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Singapore

If you want to see insane, look at prices in Singapore for cars. From what I've heard, a big factor is the "certificate of entitlement".

Per Toyota -, it looks like a Prius is 100488 Singapore dollars which would be about $71800 USD.

For comparison, a Nissan 370Z starts at 160800 Singapore dollars per Nissan.com.sg which is about $114900 USD. In the US, the 370Z starts at $29,990 USD

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    :eek:
    What? $37K ??
    you could have bought a Volt! Oh, wait, you can't.
    You'd think they'd throw in the tint after you paid that much.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you. Someone finally sees the light.

Our 2005 was $34k before taxes and all the other fees. That's a loaded Prius without nav, bluetooth or HIDs (which weren't available in Canada). If I wanted nav and bluetooth, it would've been $38k before taxes :eek:. That's 2005... when your loaded Prius was around US$27k.

lol. We bought ours in 2005 before all the $2000 rebates ($4k if you bought in '07 or '08 with the EcoAuto rebate).

COE is a PITA. It's a lot cheaper than it used to be. I remember a 1.6 Corolla back in the mid 90s was close to $90k. Fortunately, GST is 3% over there.. or at least it was 3%.

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    For Canada:
    Pearl was the "loaded" model except she doesn't have nav. In 2007 we didn't get the backup camera (in 2008 we did get it). In 2007 all Prius were "standard" models. In 2008 all Prius were "touring" models. The 2009 Prius are all "standard" models, except they all have the longer rear spoiler. Leather was also not offered. Pearl does have the "fancy" sound system, 3 door SKS, VSC, and bluetooth. I paid about $34,000 for Pearl, and got $2000 back from the Canadian Federal Govt. Well, correction, I used a bunch of Toyota's money to buy Pearl, at 3.9%. A good deal then, marginal now.

But make no mistake, you can -ALWAYS- complain about the cost.

7. VelJharig

VelJharig New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm actually in the market for a 2010 Technology Package (loaded) Prius in Canada. Any idea on what the street prices in January are on the 2010 Technology Package from those of you that have dealership connections in Canada?

8. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    get a APA quote APA.ca really do not know if you can get better then MRSP on Toyota's website
    I got side body molding in the deal, probably should ask for a block heater

9. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota.ca doesn't show the rebates available for all provinces (but maybe not all prov have them). The Federal ecoAuto program is over now so I was not expecting any help when I get my 2010. I was thrilled to find that Manitoba currently offers $2000 towards all hybrid vehicles!

Climate and Green Initiatives | Innovation, Energy and Mines | Province of Manitoba

I'm sure it's something I would have found out at the dealers but the province sure don't advertise it. For some it might make the difference between owning one and not.

10. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    $31,565cad = $29,831.7739us

not much of a difference in currency exchange

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    CarCostCanada can help.

Also, there's a $1,000 rebate on a 2010 Prius if you finance through Toyota Financial Services. According to Build & Price, there'sa 1.9% finance rate for up to 36 months, 2.9% for 48 months and 3.9% for 60 months.

12. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But there's a catch: You have to take delivery before Feb 1, which pretty much means you have to buy from their inventory. I think I will go see a dealer to see if they are flexible with that clause.

But that 1.9% @ 36mo looks good to me though.

13. Greysquirrel34

Greysquirrel34 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This price is for what is basically a Prius III which sells for less than $29,831

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep in mind that our vehicles are a little better equipped (e.g. 3-dr SKS, front footwell lighting & auto-dimming mirror w/ backup camera on all models except the base model) to partially subsidize the price difference.