1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We got it.

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by liquidm1980, Sep 1, 2012.

1. liquidm1980

liquidm1980 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you seen one of my other post in the Prius C section you would have seen a few months back I was planning on trading my BMW in for a C. I was considering taking a transfer at work which was 30 miles further away. However it was a little small and I decided to keep my car. However my wife who wanted a Venza for her next car liked the look of the v. This was back in May and on August 1st her car was stolen while she was at work. It was never found and we got an amazing payout from Geico (8k net for a 2005 Solara with 100k). So we were considering a few different options; CRV, RDX, Tiquan and the v. The final sales guy we worked with was amazing. He took an approach no one else did which was to sit behind the wheel and show us everything. I kind of negotiated price before hand with a sales manager and let him know we test drove the v around 4 times so far. One thing I learn was the prettier the dealership the less flexible on price they are. There is a beautiful dealership out west and they couldn’t even come close to the cost price. The dealership we used was by far the worse looking I am sure the building has been there for 30+ years, however the price and service was amazing. What funny is that it’s the same dealership my wife bought her Solara from back in 2005. The one out west wasn’t able to match that price then.

She decided on the v two and we used the Costco quote to negotiate a better deal at a dealer closer to home. Even after having the dealer try to get her to take the color combination they had on the lot (grey w light grey) she kept saying no and we almost walked out they were able to get her the color she want (grey w dark grey) for the same price. Luckily the car came with no pin stripe or dealer logo and after checking here I was able to get the sales the guy the info to change the backup beep to once. It came with floor mats which I figured would be extra. I was going to order her the rubber ones but we will stick with the carpeted ones for now. I ordered her the rear bumper protector. At this point I am considering adding mud flaps and she is considering the door molding. She also wants to get the wind screen. I plan to order them right here off the board like I did with the bumper protector. We also plan on getting tints I am not sure what % yet but I plan to go a little darker than the ones we saw on the dealer lot.

We took delivery today which is the last day Geico was going to pay for the rental. The insurance cost $31 over six months. At this point I haven’t driving it yet. However I am sure that will change later on this evening when we go to a dinner party. The funny thing is we have 400 mile road trip for a wedding in about 2 months. I was going to rent a Prius to test one out. The sad thing is my use with the car will be limited since she can’t drive mine (6mt). Years ago I tried teaching her and while she did better than I did when I learned she had no interest.

liquid

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome aboard! I just got a v Three as well, after 3 years with a Gen 2 Five. I hope you find yours as nice as I do.