1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We Had Our First Meeting!!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Aug 27, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Well i just got back from the first meeting of the PriusChat-WA St club meeting!!

it was umm...well brief, but interesting...

well ok, maybe it wasnt an "official" meeting...

what happened was i was at the Arco station on Sleater-Kinney and Martin Way in Lacey getting gas. when i got out of the car there was another Prius behind me and when i went over to say another pulled in right next to us.

But the one guy was just a renter. in fact that was his 2nd time renting a Prius. They had rented one before and really liked it, so they rented another one. he was in the army and only home for 3 weeks for leave as he is going back to the middle east for destinations unknown.

the other guy had had his car for only a week and half and still had his temp tag in the window. i directed him to the Priuschat.com site. he said he didnt use a computer much but was very interested in learning more about his car. (so you guys better straighten up 'cause i told him that if anyone knew about the Prius, they heard it here first!)

well, hopefully everyone can make it to our 2nd meeting!!

2. TucsonDave

TucsonDave New Member

What are the odds that in any given area, at any given time, THREE Prius would need gas at the same time? You all should have bought a lotto ticket!

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think the distribution system is starting to pay off in the street. We now have 4 '04 and 3 classics at work. Includes a silver BC identical to mine with temporary tags. I parked next to it but don't know who owns it yet. I am seeing more and more Prii around town.

4. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Yes im seeing a lot more of them too. and i can almost predict how long the owners have had them by their license plate numbers. (provided they came to WA first.)

i never realized that license plate issue was so linear.

5. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    *logging on for the first time in a week (or a bit longer?)...stupid long work-hours and dead DSL modem box*

I too am seeing tons more Prii than I used to. They are everywhere now in my area. Old and new. I love going on Prius-hunts.... *points and squeals* "Hyyyyyybriiiiiiiddddd!!!"

6. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    We missed you Star!

7. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    And I missed you guys! Been having PC withdrawls..... was forced to sporadically surf PC from work (couldn't post since I didn't have time). It was horrible! ...LOL...

Ahhh, good to be back. :mrgreen:

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome Back!! I need a fellow Dyslexic so my little foibles are not as noticeable. Since it was August I figured you were on vacation. :mrgreen:

9. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL! Vacation? Me? HAH! No such luck... :( I've been putting in freakishly long work days lately. Working two full-time jobs a day and one full-time on weekends. If anyone wants to know why, save the questions for our first meet (too much to type, easier to just say it).

I need a vacation...! *falls over*

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee are you sure you have time for a meeting??

where do you work?? maybe we will have to invade...

dont forget to post work hours and most inconveinent time to visit!!

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, well actually you guys would probably like where I work..... it's an RC car/plane/boat hobby shop. You can meet my Mini Cooper of DOOM. But watch out, it bites. But if I tell it that you all have symbiotically bonded to Prii, then it might deside to like you since it, too, is electric.

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmmm... do you have a track too??

13. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes, we have two road course tracks, and are building an off-road track. We are also working on getting an indoor track for use in the winter. If you come down to the Newcastle Days festival next weekend, you'll see us doing some racing there. I have to work one of those days, but get to race the other two (it's a 3-day race, Fri-Sun). The boss is going to get back to me on which day I have to work in the shop instead of working the crowds at the race with my Mini Cooper of DOOM.

14. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    How did a dyslexic figure out how to do that RC car/plane/boat thing? The only thing I was able to do with my son's RC cars was crash them. He did have a hover craft I could handle (somewhat) because it moved slower.

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    HMMM wa state and no indoor track??

of course that would take a large building...

how much to rent a car to race?

im interested... sounds like a blast...

16. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL! When I first started racing them, yeah I hit every wall there was. And then some. I killed several cars many times over. :oops: But I got the hang of it, and now I don't crash as often or as bad (read: the car is not nuked into a mushroom cloud of doom when I crash). I think what helped is that I've raced HO slot cars for four years now, so I am already used to remotely controlling things. I just had to remember to steer when I first started with the RC cars!

Link to the info page about the race in Newcastle at Lake Boren Park: http://www.atomichobby.com/enfofor20ra.html . I also stand corrected...it's a two-day race, not three. I don't know why I thought three... *shrug* You guys are welcome to invade... :mrgreen:

17. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Yeah, WA and no indoor track. Go figure. LOL. We're trying to set something up with the Issaquah Community Center. We've got to get their approval first. As for renting a car, there are cars available to try out. If you like it and get hooked, there's plenty to choose from in the store. Invade Atomic Hobby sometime. The boss and I would be glad to give you a demo and hook you up. There are races in front of the store every sunday. We take up a large chunk of the parking lot. :mrgreen: *whispers: Mini Coopers are fun...you know you want to...* LOL

Info and stuff: www.atomichobby.com . Let me know if you want directions to the shop or the Lake Boren Park race in Newcastle for next weekend (11th & 12th).

18. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i can understand the learning curve for RC racing...(please be warned that any mention of the time i drove my 175$ car into capital lake will not be looked upon kindly!!) so accidents are par for the course and expected so dont let that hold you back. we should make our second meet an Priuschat RC rally...

Star can you get us a preferred group discount rate?

19. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OMG, you drove your RC car into Capital Lake?!?!?! :crazyeyes: Well I won't tell anybody you did that. :mrgreen:

I like the idea of a PriusChat RC rally; sounds fun. I'll talk to the boss tomorrow and see what he is willing to do. At the moment we have a package deal going on with the RTR (ready to run) cars/trucks, so now would also be a good time to grab one.

20. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i feel that since there were already plenty of witnesses there (it happened on during the hydro races which havent run there in years) i didnt need to relive the tramatic event...

basically i zigged when i should have zagged...

OK ANY OTHER QUESTIONS??!! (ii warned you)

and RTR's are what? cars you have to sell? how much, post a catalog... where are you located? what is your hours? do you get commision? should i buy from you if i choose to do so?