1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We just got our new Prius but we have a huge problem!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusprints, Jun 28, 2006.

1. priusprints

priusprints New Member

When we get to our apartment door it doesn't unlock for us automatically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love our new Prius!!!

2. Tigerops

Tigerops New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusprints @ Jun 28 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]278207[/snapback]</div>
    Hehe, that's funny! :lol:

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Just wait to you try to drive a regular car later. The door handle will come off in your hand.

Nate

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I was at a show last weekend where they showed door locks. One had a keypad, another used a fingerprint scanner and the last had a fob. They were pretty cool, but the SKS would be better.

There used to be a Homelink door lock, which meant you could unlock using the button on your rearview mirror.

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusprints @ Jun 28 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]278207[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! I had a loaner Camry for 2 days while I got my Super White some gray leather seats, and I broke a nail trying to get the damn door open, and THEN I remembered I'd actually have to find the key fob and press the 'open' button.

And Saturday I passed a woman in the supermarket parking lot, in the rain with her coat over her head, pounding on her car window and yelling "Stephanie, open the door!"

So congrats on your new 'baby' - I know you already love him/her - and I'll let you into a secret - IT'S FUN TO DRIVE A PRIUS!

I was driving home today via the 'main drag' because most of the back roads were flooded, going 5 - 7 miles an hour, and watching the car in front of me speed up, go 50 feet, slam on the brakes, over and over again, while I only had to tap my brakes twice along that 2-3 mile stretch. And then when traffice 'opened up' again where the road widened, I got to watch idiots doing all kinds of illegal maneuvers to try to get ahead of me because I wasn't tailgating - watched a guy on the shoulder fuming because the gap closed up too much when we came to a red light that's ALWAYS red if you hit the red light before it.

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!, indeed!

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusprints @ Jun 28 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]278207[/snapback]</div>
    Folks, this is another example of the condition one is suseptible to when one gets a Prius.

It is called SMUGNESS.

[​IMG]

Obviously, this person is in need of patient counseling. Let us all pitch in and help. :p

Good luck Priusprints

7. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusprints @ Jun 28 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]278207[/snapback]</div>
    Funny...but oh, so true! I smacked into my front door at the house and into the front door at work for the first few days after getting my Prius... :D The frames to my glasses are still messed up! :blink:

8. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

HAHAHAHA!!!

My Homelink mirror DOES unlock and open my garage door automatically and...

I'm IN!!!!

terri

9. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(terri @ Aug 10 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]301179[/snapback]</div>
    Hey terri---you get the PriusSmug Award for that one...not everyone has a garage, attached or otherwise... :p And there is still the issue of ALL of the other locked doors, the keys to which we carry around along with our smart keys... :eek:

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusprints @ Jun 28 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]278207[/snapback]</div>
    I kept bumping into my apartment door when my Prius was new, too. You just expect the door to unlock when you touch the doorknob. It doesn't happen to me very often anymore.

11. berylrb

berylrb Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 28 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]278239[/snapback]</div>
    Hey congratulations priusprints!

Hey aaf709 HOmelink isn't offered anymore? Wow! That was my must have option for the garage door Rufaro LOL, my wife's must have was the NAV system.

12. miwaku

miwaku New Member

Ya know what else is nice, if you do it? Homelink will also support OTHER transmitters. I have an alarm system on my house with an alarm fob just like a car's. Works like a dream on the Homelink mirror. Press one button to open the garage door, press it again to close, press a second button to disable the house alarm. If you don't lock your garage door to the house, you don't need anything but the SKS...

13. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's great! I caught myself a few times walking up to my door and just standing there. Annoyed the hell out of me to have to reach in my pocket and get the key out. Then actually having to use it....geez what a pain.

14. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Aug 10 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]301248[/snapback]</div>

Oops.... ;)

Yeah...I have to use keys for all the other doors.

If it'll take away my smug award, I am a full-time caregiver (past ten years) ...hubby is blind and very sick...I only retired at 62 a year + ago...and we needed to install a key pad entry garage door and put the lock box on the front door for the EMTs...he wears ResponseLink, so I can go out for a few hours at a time....

I do love the HomeLink feature though...we actually needed the opener a long time ago, since our driveway is on a slope leading to streets on steep slopes and for me to walk from car to garage to open it as I did for years is now dangerous in snow...I rarely go out unless I have to in bad weather, but sometimes I do....

Wah Wah.....Can't I cry ???

t

15. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No, no, Terri- the Smug Award can't be taken away. It is a good thing....wear it proudly as a badge of honor.....

16. meezercat

meezercat New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(terri @ Aug 10 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]301179[/snapback]</div>
    I have that going on too but I do lock the door going from the garage into my house so I need a key for that. I live in a pretty good neighborhood but I still don't trust anyone.

17. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Aug 11 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]301482[/snapback]</div>
    terri pins on the "smug" badge and walks out to drive her Prius around town!!

Hey, I finally saw another driver...she was turning in her Seaside Pearl as I was going by, I gave 4 loud beeps and wave...not sure she saw...she was probably looking at her MFD, figuring out her mpg as she drove.

LOL!!

18. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusprints @ Jun 28 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]278207[/snapback]</div>

Being a new prius owner I hesitated opening this thread figuring there would be info i really wouldn't like to see....Well, I opened it...What a great post!!!! A great way to start the morning. WIth a good laugh.. Thanks.