1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

weather tech side window deflectors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priussoris, May 20, 2007.

1. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Has anyone used the Weather Tech deflectors for only the front windows and NOT the back?

if so could you post a picture It seems as it might look funny? but would have to see or can anyone p/shop on to a red prius?
    http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct...4&Year=2007

thanks in advance

Craig

2. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have not, but I'd recommend trying it. The back ones are a hassle to install, and they don't fit as tightly. Sometimes they rattle, depending upon which windows I have open, etc.

rpm

3. faith2walk

faith2walk Upgraded again

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 20 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]446312[/snapback]</div>
    I should have taken pictures...I bought both front and rear, but only installed the front...looked at it and thought it was assymetrical (I am a true melancholy). So I have them both installed, and love them

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faith2walk @ May 22 2007, 02:26 AM) [snapback]447210[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks faith2walk, If you can post a pic or so would be great.

how do they install , by tape or in a roof chanel(gutter)?
    thanks

craig

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onerpm @ May 21 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]446772[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks onerpm, are they held on by tape is that why the rear ones dont' fit well or tight to the car?
    I have never had a car with the deflectors all my cars had a vent window in front ( older cars)

5. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    No, the weatherflectors don't use tape at all. (that's why I use them; I've had the tape-on kind on prior vehicles and didn't like them...could either see the tape through the things, or they eventually fell off.)

the front ones are held in only by the tension. you sort of flex/bend them when you slide them up into your window channel. they hold in very well.

on the Prius, the back window top is pretty straight, so there isn't enough tension for them to stay in by themselves. so, you are given a couple of little metal clips (per side) that you stick up into the rubber seal before installing the things. there are a number of threads here about how poor the instructions were, how to best install them, etc.

if you've already purchased the set of 4, I would recommend just putting them all in. If not, I'd probably just buy the fronts and see whether the look of fronts alone look OK and, if so, skipping the backs. There's really not much reason to have them on the back (except for looks). Or, maybe using tape-on kind on the backs.

rpm

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it would look funny to have only the fronts installed, but that's up to you. The backs do the same thing as the fronts - the windows can be left open a bit without letting the rain or the burglars in. And mine were easy to install - the dealer did it. :)