1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech or Carbox?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ericko88, Sep 22, 2007.

1. ericko88

ericko88 New Member

So on Thursday I picked up my 2008 Grey Touring... brought it home... washed, claybar'd, and sprayed on some cheapy wax stuff... I brewed and hemmed and hawed for the past year before I was able to convince the wifey that it was kinda in the budget to get one and finally it's here.

So.... reasons for me getting a Prius:

1) my commute went from 8 to 54 miles round trip.
    2) my other/previous car is an S2000 and between the tires, gas prices, cabin noise(problematic for phone conversations) and...
    3) I just had a little girl, and fitting a stroller into the trunk of that, putting her in the backseat wasn't really in the cards.

So I' poking around for other things I'm going to need/want for the Prius....

I talked to the dealership people about the black bumper guard thing and they had no clue what I was talking about.... Prius store... check.

I might be able to swing getting a shark-fin for the antennae at the same time.... prius store... check

Cargo liner for stuff in the trunk is something that I'm a little keen on as well.... prius store..... only in black...

So I poked around a little bit and it seems there is something similar out there for a little bit less, but by a different make... Carbox. Looks like about $10 cheaper, not sure what shipping costs might be, but also available in Grey. Weathertech makes in grey as well, but I'd have to go elsewhere for a couple more bucks.

Anyone have any experience with Carbox? comparable to Weathertech?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Weathertech makes and excellent product and it fits very well. I have purchased from them with no problem.

As for the shark fin antenna, you may experience some loss of signal in fringe areas.

3. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've got Weathertech in Black for the Cargo Area. Fits perfect.

Bought their products for other cars.

Totally satisfied.

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I bought the Carbox ones to save a few dollars, but now I regret it and wish I'd gotten the Weawthertech - go for the Weathertech!

5. drifty1955

drifty1955 New Member

I got the W. tech too and very happy with it. Fits perfect. Its not cheap though but solid black plastic. I got a cheapo cloth one from eBay too that I put underneath for sound deadening.
    Curious....why would you claybar a brand new car? I thought claybaring was only for cars that had minor buildup/residue problems? Wouldn't claybaring take some of the clearcoat off ? Never claybarred myself before just had a detail place do it to one of my cars with the paint getting dull.