1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech side deflectors can’t fully close the windows, they go back down

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by RubikTetris, Jun 21, 2023.

1. RubikTetris

RubikTetris New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wondering if I installed them correctly. The windows seems to be requiring more force to go up towards the end and eventually they go back down by themselves. I don’t want to break my windows and it doesn’t seem right that it requires more force to close the windows.

Should I try to slowly close them completely and then wait overnight? Or did I do something wrong?

2. priusexy

priusexy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    These things are absolute trash. I would try to return them. Got a pair a couple years ago, and it was horrifying to use them. Little bits of sand and debris would scratch and make awful noises against the glass and plastic. My windows are tinted after-market, so the debris and the plastic started wearing through and scratching the tinted film.

It's a terrible design. The ones that go outside the window track are much better. Had the same issue as you - the window thinks there's a foreign object, and for safety, it won't close, then opens the window automatically. It's a design flaw. Should be a class action lawsuit. Garbage product.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you keep them, you can probably go through the same procedure used for when the 12 volt battery has been replaced to teach the windows where 'up' is, and then they won't think they've hit an obstruction and reversed.