1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WeatherTech Vent Visors

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ronbet, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ronbet

ronbet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi...This is my first post although I have read many. I purchased my Prius in May from Haley Auto Mall in Farmville,Va and we just love it. It is a package 2, Mica Blue in color. I have removed the wheel inserts, added a black bumper guard and a sun visor (eBay) over the display screen as well as putting a screen protector over the screen itself. Now I am having a battery problem (goes down to two pink bars when it gets very hot inside) as I have seen reported by some other users.

I am interested in keeping the inside of my 2008 Prius a bit cooler in the sun and have see advertisements for the WeatherTech vent visor product.

I am wondering if anyone has purchased and used the vent visor and if so, how does it do? Does it allow the hot air to escape? Do they work when the vehicle is stationary or does it need to be in motion?

If you have used this product please tell me how it is installed and if it stays in place with the windows up or down. I sent an email to the seller of the product and received this reply: We are sorry to inform you that the part does not include any installation instructions. You may ask assistance to your local mechanic for installation purposes.
    If anyone can offer assistance I would be grateful.
    Many thanks,
    Ron :)

2. danlb14

danlb14 Genuine Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got some of these years ago and put them on my '68 Beetle. They were very easy to install and they worked great. The ones I installed had a Chrome finish, which went well with my white paint job.
    I am going over tonight to pick up my '08 Magnetic Gray Metallic Touring and plan to order a set of the dark deflectors for it. If you park your vehicle in the open all day, as I do, the deflectors will be invaluable in keeping the car interior from getting so hot.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I use them in the front, not the back. They're handy for leaving the windows open a bit when parked.

You might consider window tint.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base