1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech wind deflectors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Russell Frost, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Russell Frost

Russell Frost the whatdrives.us guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One of the POG readers (Steve from the Prius 2G mailing list) was kind enough to do a little review and send images of his install of the Weathertech Weather Deflectors. If you're interested you can see the review here...

http://www.priusownersgroup.com/

They look pretty cool and Steve's review is top shelf.

I'm also trying to work with Weathertech to get a deal on them.

Thanks very much.

Happy motoring!
    -russell

2. dragonfire_777

dragonfire_777 New Member

Although I haven't seen the video mentioned, I have a few items to mention.

The front deflectors go in very easily. :)

The rear door windows require 2 clips each and the illustrations in the original instructions are incorrect and I had to call WeatherTech. They were very helpful and faxed me a second illustration that made it very clear how these clips had to be installed in the rubber window seal. After getting that illustrations, it took less that 5 minutes per door. They said it should have been included in my shipment.

In my initial struggles with the clips and trying to get the plactic deflector installed, I cracked of a piece of the plastic flange that pushed up into the window channel. The metal clips need to be compressed just a little (you can do it with your hands or some pliers) or there is too much tension to get the flange of the deflector up into the rubber window seal.

When I called back to say I finally got them installed, I mentioned the fact I had cracked one of the deflectors. They said they would send me a new part at no charge. I was very impressed with that. :D

3. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfire @ Aug 25 2006, 10:46 AM) [snapback]309302[/snapback]</div>
    dragon,
    I'm going to moving my weatherflectors from my 2005 to my 2006 fairly soon. I guessed at installation of the clips when putting them on the 2005, and I don't think I have them in there correctly. would you be willing to fax your second illustration to me? I'll PM you my fax no.
    thanks
    rob