1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weathertech window visors, need help!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by NargilFenris, Oct 15, 2012.

1. NargilFenris

NargilFenris Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So I purchased a set of weathertech window visors and attempted to install them per the instructions(btw which is the better instructions the printed ones that they came with or the online ones?). Got them all in fine but when I tried to raise the windows I was able to get the front drivers window to close with some difficulty. However, the front passanger would not close. No matter how much I tried to pull the visor out as the window was coming up it would hit the visor and autmoatically drop down. Tried to take it to the dealership where I bought my car but they ran into the same issue.

So now I am stuck since I can't return them since the box they came in is all jacked up. Any suggestions on how I might get these in?

2. zebelkhan

zebelkhan Member in good standing

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I remember seeing full threads on how to install Weathertech Visors on this forum with pictures and everything. I imagine a search should find them for you. If I find the threads before you do, I will post the links.

3. NargilFenris

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I tried searching with little luck.

4. zebelkhan

zebelkhan Member in good standing

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  5. NargilFenris

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok got them in just now. When I just held the window button instead of using the auto up it worked. The instructions they give you are pretty worthless imo.

Also that link was only for the rear deflectors not the front where I was having issues. But still useful if I hadn't already seen how they went in.

Now just to wait 12 hours and see if my windows will still go up and down without issues.

6. johnycque

johnycque Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just tried to install them on my 2012 but took them out and will return them tomorrow. They both touch the window on the way up and the passengers side doesn't let the window go up automatically. I know I have installed them correctly and I have used them on other cars with no problems. I just don't think they fit the Prius very well at all. They also scuff up the black paint on the bottom window trim. It seems to be made of butter or something but that's typical for Toyota and most non luxury brands. My main complaint is that I thought these would fit nicely and they didn't. Perhaps I got one that was defective but the drivers side that fit better wasn't great either. Not worth having them if they don't fit well.

7. NargilFenris

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My automatics didn't work with the visors in until I let them sit overnight. I also read that this really needs to be done on a warm day so that the plastic will mold with the window. As for scuffing the window trim, mine did that because I removed the rubber strip on the bottom before I realised that it was there to prevent that. I am hoping that after a few days in the summer time with warmer weather I wont hear my windows rubbing the visors as much, it has gotten better, but still there.

8. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Unfortunately I. Installed them in my 06, now when the windows are open at all they rattle because the deflectors stretched the channel the windows are in, I hate them, on cold days the windows won't close, on hot days the windows won't shut up
    I'd suggest getting a set of the stick on type and not looking back.

9. NargilFenris

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My wife's old car had stick ons, we ended up losing one when the adhesive failed.