1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Web Electrics DRL Kit on a Gen. III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by shawnb2, Mar 17, 2011.

1. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So I finally decided I was just going to get this kit as I've been waiting over a year for them to come up with a specific one for the Gen. III. It really is essentially the same car, only difference is the color of the side marker light wire and the fact that our lights are in the bumper instead of the headlight housing. It would have been a fairly quick install but this not being specific to this car and not knowing the best way to approach it it took me about 2 1/2 hours. A good portion of that was the fact that I have a Tanabe strut bar and for those who have installed those you know the time it takes to get them on and off. It of course is in the way of the fuse box cover. I didn't do a how-to being it was my first time but did take a couple pics and a video to show the functionality. If any of my friends want to do the install on their cars I'll be more than happy to help and can do a how-to then. Here are the pics with the video to follow. Tell me what you think. Oh and this is with the MBRO LED turn signals, but makes no difference if you still have the factory units.

Attached Files:

2. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Here's the video.

3. HAWAIIANBUILT

HAWAIIANBUILT Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    HEY SHAWN !!!

Great job on the install of the Web Electrics DRL Kit !!!

Sorry I could not be there that day to help ya out, but it looks like you didn't need me afterall !!!

Can't wait to see them in person at the meeting !!!

Gee you guys are really kicking it up a notch with videos !!!

I'm too shy for the camera !!!

Mahalo Nui Bruddah

:):):):)

Rodney

4. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I only posted it because I ha someone ask about the turn signals figured I'm going to get questions asked, might as well answer a many as I can by posting the video.