1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Web site faster now, or is it my new lap top?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by ataylorracing, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know if anything was done to the prius chat site lately, but it sure seems a lot quicker now...could it be my new lap top?:rockon:

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I find that the slow down is usually due to one of the advertising servers (context.web) having trouble delivering an ad. I just stop the page and then reload it to go to a different ad.

JeffD

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's better than it was, but still inconsistent and overall very slow.

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I find the ads a problem too and like others have said, some ads will hang the page loading, but a quick refresh solves that.

I stopped using my fuelly link in my signature as someone indicated that that could (along with all the other hundreds of members having similar) cause the site to run slower. Is it true? Are we best all removing such signatures and maybe even photos?

5. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It's sure running a lot faster for me.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I use AdBlockPlus. (Sorry Danny. I'll happily contribute if you ever bring back that feature.) For the past few days (don't remember exactly) Prius Chat has been back to normal. It's never been one of the faster web sites I use. But lately the slowness problem has completely disappeared for me. I suspect that Danny has found and fixed whatever was causing that.

Ads are always a problem. I'd much rather contribute than have to deal with ads. The delays they introduce are just one of the problems. A white paper from Google a while back talked about how ad servers will redirect from one to another, and occasionally a malicious server will find its way in. When I read that I decided to block all ads. Everything is faster and it's one less security worry. BTW, the ad-server redirection is one factor in slowing down web sites.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    mostly okay, but intermittently slow now and hangs up now and again.