1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wedge Seat Cushion - options for taller C drivers?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by WiscPriusc, Dec 1, 2012.

1. WiscPriusc

WiscPriusc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Overall, I find the seats in the C quite comfortable. However, the angle of the seat bottom is a bit of annoyance if I lower the seat to my desired level. Has anyone had luck with a foam or gel seat wedge cushion or something similar? I see some on the interwebs varying in price from $15 to $110 and would appreciate any recommendations. I am about 5' 11" and prefer the seat all the way back and about three "pumps" up from the lowest setting. Thanks.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Recommendations in regards to seat pads or wedges are so difficult to give because what creates comfort or is comfortable for one person, may not be comfortable for somebody else.

You are absolutely correct that there are 100's of available options and products. You just have to experiment.

The only advice I would dare give is to start out with the cheapest and simplest options, and see if they work, before working up to the potentially more expensive options.

I find the seats in my vehicle comfortable enough without anything....on a long drive the best accessory for me has been a Dollar Tree mesh back support. If your not 100% happy with the seat cushion? I think that's just going to take some experimentation. Good Luck.

3. Dogwood2

Dogwood2 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm a tall driver (6' 3") new to a C. Still fumbling for the best driving position. Pushing the seat all the way back gives enough legroom, although it would be nice if there were more than enough, just so I could be sure about that. I've got some slack to raise the seat a couple of pumps before my head hits the ceiling. But something wasn't right...

Yes, a wedge, maybe that's the thing. I think there may be a tad too much bucket in the bucket seats for my comfort. I just experimented by folding a towel and placing it on the seat. Also added a small lumbar bump about 6" up on the back. It felt better.

There are a lot of wedges out there. There's no way to know without trying them. I've put this one on order:

Amazon.com: Duro-Med Sloping Coccyx Cushion with Navy Poly/Cotton Cover, Navy: Health & Personal Care

This is cheap, relatively narrow, and it's said to be spongy rather than firm. The typical wedges are 3" high at the thick end, tapering down to 1". That would be too high for me if I were actually boosted 3"; it needs to squish down. If I believe the reviews, it will indeed squish, hopefully just right.

If that's too squishy, I might try this one:

Amazon.com: Tush Cush Compact Car Cush - Black: Health & Personal Care

That's more expensive and firmer. The "Tush Cush" company makes several variants; this is the narrowest, at 15". I can't say how well it will fit in the "C" seats. But it's the best bet for this class of wedge.

There are others. Search Amazon on keywords such as "car seat cushion" or "coccyx cushion" and you get them. But will they fit these seats nicely?

Would be curious if anyone else has found satisfaction in filling in their bucket seats, and what they used to do it?