1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weeds - Prius Reference - VERY FUNNY

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mjms2b, Oct 27, 2007.

1. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been telling my friends this for year. Put a giant roll top on the Prius like the Aztec? and it would be the perfect drive-by vehicle. LOL

I grew up in really bad areas so I found the commerical extremely funny the first time I saw it. :)

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :lol: :lol: Weeds is a great show!!!

U-turn says he bought 6 of 'em... Also a prius on "numb3ers" and californication, right after weeds.. B)

4. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJGreen @ Oct 27 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]531360[/snapback]</div>
    Nothing really funny or entertaining about profane and abusive language.

Regards,

Keith :unsure:

5. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Guy @ Oct 27 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]531404[/snapback]</div>

Oh sorry, I forgot that it was 1955 and that we are all conservative bush huggers, my apologies.

6. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJGreen @ Oct 27 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]531406[/snapback]</div>
    No it its not 1955, it is 2007. Profane and abusive language meant to be demeaning to other human beings, including those of the opposite sex is still in bad taste.

Regards,

Keith :unsure:

7. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ummm, Okaaaayy, it's just a tv show dude, chilllll, may I suggest decaf?

One thing I do find amusing is when someone responds to a post that they have no constructive input or for that matter, just a little funny ha-ha, Take a deep breath and relax, you are taking away from the fact that the Prius was center stage in a skit intended to be comical. Take a deep breathe and count to ten, it works for me. We are all friends here, it was only meant to amuse, if you disagree, i respect that, no need to go all "after school special" on me. Geez.

8. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I mentioned that reference in Weeds a couple weeks ago on one of those "Prius on TV" threads, because U-turn bought so many of them for his homies to use in drive-bys. I always wondered what Toyota thought of that...

9. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lass @ Oct 28 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]531736[/snapback]</div>

Well it would seem they could at least see the humor in it. I found humor in it, I can ignore the profanity, afterall it is premium (pay) cable. Just thought it was funny, LOL ;)

10. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJGreen @ Oct 28 2007, 07:29 PM) [snapback]531757[/snapback]</div>
    Some do not find humor in that sort of thing. Had I not grew up in that kind of culture I probably wouldn't either. Even now I see just how rediculously backwards those type of views are and how they do nothing to raise the people of that culture above the poverty level, yet I still find some of it funny.

Don't take offense. I can see their point of view and while it may be considered 50'sish to some, it really is the best tact to take. Being tolerant of ghetto behavior is a poor reflection on us all. :(

11. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Oct 28 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]531777[/snapback]</div>

Point taken. However the poster seemed to miss the point that a "hip", 'young' show would have a conversation about our wonderful car, THAT WAS THE POINT. The verbiage in the piece (for me anyway) was secondary to the fact that the Prius was discussed in a mainstream show. I don't have to agree with the entire video to realize there is some value in the piece. it would seem to me if you were offended, you would move on to another post. There is a lot that I find offensive, I don't spend my time on it, I move on. Taking time to post negative comments on something that was intended to be positive seems like a waste of time, and yet, here we are talking about it. Oh well.

No offense taken, or intended, I simply thought that I could share something that made me laugh with the group. Nothing more was intended, LIGHTEN UP folks. We should spent so much conviction into political arenas perhaps we could get somethings changed. Again, it was just a laugh, ha, ha, we could talk all day long about why repugnant behavior has become mainstream in our generation "y" culture. That would be fine, however that was not the intent.

12. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :lol: WOW!!

That's too deep for me this early in the morning...

And to think, I enjoyed it because I just thought Weeds was a very funny, very good TV show! B)

13. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't you think it's cool that the idea of a car being cool because it's quiet rather than having a 5 inch diameter drain pipe hanging out the back spewing noise and stink is being promoted in a way that may appeal to a whole new demographic? You have your Prius because you firstly know about it and secondly some aspect of the car appeals to you. Maybe there are aspects of a Prius which might appeal in the gettos too and the Prius can find a wole new market there. Maybe that will help the cause? who knows.

14. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This thread is just plain sad.

15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I think someone else posted that video several (or maybe a couple) weeks ago.
    I understand the humor ... and I understand the offense aspect. Of course elaborating on one side or the other tends to offend the 'other side'.
    There's too few folks taking the understanding/neutral view to understand both sides of the issue ... kinda like when PC'ers talk about loss of traction on ice, :

"What? I never had a problem with MY Prius loosing power on ice ... you just don't know how to drive it or not smart enough to buy decent snow tires "
    versus
    "This piece of junk Prius has a design defect, and you're too blah blah bhah to realize it"

de ja vu

16. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's pretty funny (I can understand the offensiveness also) and is speaking to a different demographic here like patsparks said. It is saying that the Prius is not only for the goody-two-shoes tree huggers, it is good for a person who is "tough" and "macho" as well. Notice they didn't show a silver pine mica or a seaside pearl, they showed a black car. I say good advertising.

17. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Oct 29 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]531950[/snapback]</div>

EUREKA!! All those tired of this thread already raise your hand!!

~
    |
    B) <------

18. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Stereotyping but somewhat funny, I, too, like to sneak up on people and patiently wait until they are surprised. The narcissist in me is satisfied realizing that they are used to driving inferior cars wasting gas when stopped...

19. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I thinks it is a bad represantations of hour sosiaty, but the bitch ho sure lookin hotttt!!!!!