1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weight of OEM Tires/Wheels?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Optimus, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Optimus

Optimus Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Anyone know the actual weight of the OEM tire/wheels (15" for a 2004)? I'm not looking for general weights, rather, exact. I've read through probably 30 previous posts in search results, and only found vague references such as "roughly 14.5 pounds for an OEM 15" wheel).

I'm looking for more specific info becuase I want to get a second set of wheels, specifically, Motegi SP10 Hyperblack 15x7" wheels that are 14.0 pounds, and I'm going to get a set of low rolling resistance tires such as the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max's.

I just joined the 2-Prius owner's club (other one is a 2002). I will be using the OEM wheels on this 2004 for a set of dedicated snow tires. The tires currently on the (ugly) OEM wheels are pretty much bald.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On a highly accurate N2O scale, the OEM 15" wheel with Integrity tire weighed in at 31.5lbs. The tire was worn down about 3/4 so brand new you might add 1/2lb. to the total.

I believe the 15" Integrity tire weighs 17lbs so that puts the wheel at approx. 14-14.5lbs.

Darrick Suen likes this.
  3. Optimus

Optimus Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks--I went ahead and bought a set of Motegi 15x7" SP10 alloys (14.0 pounds each) off eBay. They arrived yesterday and definitely feel VERY light for what they are, probably the lightest wheel I've ever owned, as this was the first wheel I specifically bought for weight instead of strictly for looks (though I think they look nice too).