1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird noise near shifter knob

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bestyet02, Jun 16, 2010.

1. bestyet02

bestyet02 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have a 2010 Prius no frills model with 5500 miles on it. I've started hearing a noise that sounds like loud burst of radio static. I hear it with the radio off or on. It's very imtermittent, but seems to occur only at freeway speeds. Seems to be coming from underneath the shifter or underneath the dash in the same area. Any ideas??:confused:

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't have a clue what that could be. Sometimes noises can fool you, they sound like they are coming from one place and turn out to be comming from someplace completely different. Maybe it's tire noise, or something like that, when you drive over a certain type of road surface?

3. bestyet02

bestyet02 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I haven't heard it since...the more I think about it, I think it had something to do with the radio - it sounded like a bad speaker squelch. Don't know why I heard if briefly when the radio was turned off! A mystery and hopefully it won't happen again. Thanks for you reply! Have a great weekend