1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird Problem I've never seen addressed before

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Amyshubby, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Amyshubby

Amyshubby 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I decided to turn off the reverse beep. I followed the instructions I saw posted here, and it didn't work the first time (too much time between steps), then worked the second time.

The reverse beep was inaudable. AS WAS THE RADIO!

I was unable to turn ot on using the power or the mode buttons. When I pressed the audio button to switch my screen, all it said was "audio off", which make sense because it was off. I just couldn't turn it on.

I then turned the car off, then back on and the radio worked fine (and the reverse beep was still disabled). Worked ok the 3 or 4 times I used my car that day, then the next morning I drove somewhere without a problem (and did go in reverse), then went back into the car an hour later, turned it on (went in reverse) then had no radio (wouldn't go on).

Has this happened to anyone else? I've had it happen twice in about 10 turn ons since I silenced the reverse beep, compared to never in about about 200 turn on prior so I'm assuming there is a correlation.

2. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

I turned off reverse beep about 1.5 months ago and haven't had any side effects like you mention...

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It is hard to tell from your post, but I think you are saying that you are trying to turn the radio on while in reverse? Or is it already on and you have no sound once you switch into reverse

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the radio has nothing to do with the reverse beeper. sounds like you should get that checked out...

5. Amyshubby

Amyshubby 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Apr 16 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]240529[/snapback]</div>

I can't tell you if I had the radio on when I turned the car off (because I didn't expect the problem), but I put the car on reverse right after turning it on, then went to put the radio on (again I don't remember if I tried to do this while in reverse, or if it was after I put it in drive) and it didn't work no matter what I tried. In other words, it is not a sotuation where the radio is on then turns off when I go in reverse. If it happens again, I'll have more info, because I'm paying more attention to whether the radio is turned off when I turn the car off, and whether I'm trying to turn it on while in reverse or after I go back into drive.

I would be surprised if it was unrelated to the reverse beep, because it never happened before I made the change, and both times it happened since was in conjunction with going in reverse.

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the reverse beeper/seatbelt chime is located in the combination meter.

there is no connection to the radio.

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If the problem comes up again, re-enable the reverse beep and see if the radio comes on again.