1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird problem - thinks driver door is open

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by andrewappel, Dec 16, 2007.

1. andrewappel

andrewappel New Member

I'm getting the red triangle, scary loud beeping, etc, when I go into drive, and the door open icon is lit, even though driver door is closed. the warning says something about being in neutral, but I know (from posts above) that it always says that. Any ideas on how to let the car know the door really is closed?

2. pewd

pewd Clarinet Dude

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    check all 5 doors, including the rear hatch. e.g., open & close all of them and see if the door open light goes out.

the light just indicates that at least one door is open, it does not specify which specific one it is.

3. patpolk

patpolk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Door Open Indicator

I just got my Prius and had the same problem. Just opened and firmly closed all doors/hatchback. The problem was resolved. Hope this helps.

4. dumas

dumas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I find the rear hatch is hard to tell if it's completely closed. At first I was too gentle; now I give it a good slam when I close it.

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ooh I wouldn't slam it but yes, you need to be just a little firm with the rear hatch. I push on the Toyota emblem to close my hatch to avoid paint scratching. I think it's wise not to use the spoiler as a handle to close the hatch.