1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird Radio Preset - RDS Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lesturner, Mar 28, 2008.

1. lesturner

lesturner Taming the Dragon - Tennessee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just took my 2007 Prius to the dealer to address a strange problem with the FM Radio Presets and RDS (Text Display).... At this point they are a not sure what is up. The have three other Prii and a Tacoma doing the same thing and others that do not...

If I set FM1 Preset 1 (Upper Left) to 92.9 and any other Preset on FM1 to 97.7, and select one of them, the text from the one I am listening to displays in both Preset boxes.

If I select the 92.9 preset and manually change the station (using the knob) to 97.7, my Original 92.9 Preset changes to 97.7. It is not limited to just those two presets (but seems to be limited to those frequencies).

I was wondering if there might be others that could test their units.. You probably need to have 92.9 and 97.7 broadcasting in your area.

If you have the same problem, let me know what year, trim level, NAV DVD version, etc.

It really does not affect the overall operation of the radio, but it is not right, and I can still have it repaired under warranty

2. lesturner

lesturner Taming the Dragon - Tennessee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Latest Update:

It appears the dealership tech does not know why it is happening. They recognize it is a problem and have replaced a few parts to no avail... The Toyota engineers are now involved.

Awaiting further information as to what they find.