1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

weird things going on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by artthestampede, Feb 10, 2009.

1. artthestampede

artthestampede New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ok I have been noticing some weird things going on with my prius lately, hopefully you guys can help me out

1. The display where it shows the battery level, current mileage, etc will get "fuzzy" or "static-y" and then suddenly change contrast. It will go away after each startup but after about 10 min of driving it will almost always do this.

2. The MPG is wrong. The mileage reset after fillup last night and I was going at least 75MPG downhill but it keeps showing 46.5 MPG

3. Sometimes at a stoplight the prius engine will sort of sputter and die in a weird way. It feels like it didnt want to die as it turned off.

Any insight will be appreciated

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1 and 2 are related. My guess is that the MFD is getting flaky and needs to be replaced. I suggest that you take a sharp photo of the display when #1 happens, so that you can share that with your dealer's service writer when you take your car in.

3 is probably normal.