1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird wobbling at low speeds after back bumper came loose.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Frank., Jun 21, 2017.

1. Frank.

Frank. New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was driving on the highway when I randomly heard a loud dragging noise coming from the back bumper. When I stopped to check the car out I noticed the back driving side of the bumper came loose and was lower that it should be and the inside part of the bumper was hitting the tire. I cut the plastic piece that was rubbing against the tire but now I feel a weird wobble coming from the back driver side when I drive slow. When I drive fast the car seems perfectly fine with no wobble at all. The tire looks fine and still has enough air. Everything looks fine except the bumper. The steering wheel seems fine as well. No weird jerks or wobbling from the steering wheel. I didn't hit anything or drive over a pothole. The bumper just randomly came loose. Any idea what the wobbling might be? The bumper has been damaged for about a year or 2 after a old car accident but this has never hapoened before. Is it smart to drive the the car still until my day off before I can take it to a shop?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    probably a flat spot on the tire should be ok todrive

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    rotate back to front and see if it changes.

Mendel Leisk likes this.