1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Welcome

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by inkydoo, Jun 16, 2004.

1. inkydoo

inkydoo New Member

Of course I had to open my mouth and say it would be cool to have a Central TX / Hill Country / Austin group, so now I'm the moderator. If you're in the Central Texas area (no, I'm not sure what that means either), drop a note to say hi (or howdy or hello or however you greet people).

I'm not sure what form a local group should take (just be something here on PriusChat or have a more real-world presence), or how large a geographic region it should cover, so if you've got ideas, please share.

2. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I commute into Austin in my prius everyday and might be interested in some kind of get together. There are sure plenty of us in this area but how many are on here seems limited. E-mail me if I can be of service.

3. HAMMER55

HAMMER55 New Member

I'm over East in Lufkin...but...

i make a run now and then to San Antonio...via San Marcos...sooooooooooo

i suppose if i had time i could meet up sometime someplace...

i haven't ckd over here to see if we have a group thing going...OOOOOOOoohh!!

Mike H

4. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

I had to wait a year and a half to order my prius from Champion Toyota in Austin.
    It's supposed to be here the end of Nov or the first part of December.
    I am SO excited!
    Kathleen

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I'm not sure what form a local group should take (just be something here on PriusChat or have a more real-world presence), or how large a geographic region it should cover, so if you've got ideas, please share.
    [snapback]22327[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

Heh. That's why you were chosen moderator, inkydoo! Now that call is in your hands (if not yours personally). B) :rolleyes: :lol:

Jack
    de facto, faltering co-perpetrator of Bay Area Gathering, 10/30/05

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Quick! Kathleen's excited. Elect her Co-moderator.

:D

7. abas

abas New Member

Hi Texas gang,
    I,ve been reading PriusChat for a couple of months now. I have never read a site with so much information. I'm just north of Houston.
    I am ordering the 06 on Monday.
    Happy to find you here.

8. shochste

shochste New Member

Hi from Austin. Just received my 2006 red Prius on Monday. Having fun with it. Did you put a clear bra on yours from someone here in Austin?

I went conservative with a Pkg #3. Took a bit less than 2 months from the time I ordered it from Classic. I had two other dealers try and sell me a Prius that was a Pkg #5 or higher...and always Black.

I plan in tinting my windows after getting back from a trip in 10 days.

Steve

9. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi!!! I live in Livingston, which is only 3.5-4 hrs from Austin. The hubby and I are always game for a trip to the Hill Country. We ordered our 06 pkg #8 in Black on 2/27/06, with an expected delivery of May-June. We ordered from the dealership in Lufkin. It will be my daily driver since I commute from Livingston to Huntsville for work. Let us know if a get-together is planned.

Thanks -- Kris

10. robinsod

robinsod New Member

If anything is planned, let me know. There are several of us here in Kerrville who, I think, could find our way out of the Hill Country to Austin.

11. maurathomas

maurathomas New Member

Hi-
    I want to trade my Celica in for a Prius, but of course I'm way too impatient to wait the 8-12 months that Champion says I'll have to. I'm traveling quite a bit in the coming months and I'm hoping I can buy one somewhere else and drive it home. I'll even make a special trip just to buy one. Does anyone know of a national inventory source? I will be in Tulsa next week and spoke to two dealerships there, one said they have one in stock now (but can't promise it will be there next week) and the other said they could get one in about 20 days. Of course they could be lying to me to get me in, but I'll call ahead before I go into the dealership.

Thanks for your help!

12. HeidiRN1

HeidiRN1 New Member

Hello All, I ordered my Prius August of '05 and became impatient after 6 months. So, like an idiot, I bought a different car in January. It's now the end of May and my Prius is here. You betcha I'm trading my new car in! The dealer's calling me tomorrow to finalize. I'm sooooooo excited. (Red '06, #7 with leather upgrade) I'm in Victoria, TX.

06/01/06
    I got my Prius! I got my Prius! I absolutely love it. Someone Congratulate me..... I can't believe no one has responded. Oh well, I got my Prius, I got my Prius!

13. vhelms

vhelms New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Heidi @ May 29 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]262591[/snapback]</div>

Congratulations! I know how exiting it is to finally get the Prius. I ordered mine in January and got it May 1st (only after I agreed to take the next Prius that came in without a name on it). Enjoy!

14. seabound07

seabound07 New Member

San antonio right here :)

15. Beeej

Beeej Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Heidi @ May 29 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]262591[/snapback]</div>

My wife and I just got our 2006 prius 2 weeks ago. We love it! I am starting to get a little concerned with the average 38 mpg in town my wife is getting commuting from South Austin to the Bee Caves and 360 though. How's your mileage looking?

16. narussian

narussian New Member

Dallas. I guess I'm a little far north for you all! But I do have a Prius!!!

17. alien green

alien green Guest

I think we should combine Austin and San Antonio forces along with other adjacent cities to form a club that meets in the flesh. Internet networking can only go so far... there's nothing like good ole' fashioned camaradarie and friendships formed by common bonds. I would recommend we meet once a month or quarter halfway somewhere, e.g. San Marcos. We could discuss Prius developments, tips, civic engagements, or anything else that we couldn't otherwise do virtually. BTW, speaking of civic activities, just a reminder for those who haven't seen dpower's thread asking for support for a Prius rally in Fredericksburg on Sep 22-24--check it out!

18. mycar2006

mycar2006 New Member

Hello,
    I'm in north central austin and it is time for my 5000 mile check up. I heard really bad things about Maund, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations as to where I should take it?
    Thanks.

19. bomber991

bomber991 New Member

Hey, you guys ought to have monthly meetups, and make stickers that say something like "TXPC" for Texas Prius Club, and then put them on your car. Or register a .com name and put a small sticker with that on the car. Then eventually the community will grow and whatnot.

You know, 100 prius' driving around central Texas with the .com address on them, and word of mouth and whatnot. Yeah yeah, I didn't major in marketing so I don't know what I'm talking about.

20. JOEIII

JOEIII New Member

hi All,

I guess I'm the newby to the central texas bunch...I live in Canyon lake tx. and am retired...
    Got my prius march 1st 07 really like it alot...So far my wife is getting better gas mileage than I am 52mpg... That's ok I enjoy the chance to practice and hopefuly I'll do better...Really enjoy the forum...keep it up...

Joe III