1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well I am now a pruis owner!!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by sandman, Mar 12, 2008.

1. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well I just ordered a 2008 Magnetic Gray prius with package #2 .. I been dealing with the toyota dealer for two days and finally got him to give me what I was asking for..it was kind of hard seeing as how they had NO prius on the lot and out of the 7 they had headed there way mine made three of them already sold..They told me its in a boat at port got to the port on 3/11 so I dont know how long it will take it doesnt even have a vin #..I am still nervous I hope i made a smart descion...I got it for $23,529 on the road... I will post some pics when I get it they said it would be about two weeks..

2. limetime13

limetime13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations! And of course, that's a great color choice!!!!!! :cheer2:

Right choice? Holy cow - with gas at $3.45 a gallon here, how can you think you made anything BUT the right choice. Besides, it's a blast to drive! :D

3. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    One other new Prius owner. These cars are really selling like pancakes. :D Congrats. Before I decided to purchase the Prius, I went so close to buy a VW TDI. Glad I didn't, because diesel is up to 4.099/gallon in our area.:cool:

4. Linden

Linden New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought one today too! :) But don't have it yet .. I think the dealer said 1 - 2 days .. or 6-8 weeks, hmm. (first he said 6-8 weeks and tried to get me to buy one with NAV or in Silver - I said no, then he came back and said they should be able to get the one I want, in the color I want - white or seaside pearl - but it will take a couple days)

I put the deposit down - so now I just have to wait :) I'm in Canada - so I'm getting the Special Edition Premium (without NAV).

I can't wait to get it :cheer2:

I'll have to practice saying No to the ECP and Paint Protection - last two cars I bought, they talked me into it, and I don't want to fall for that ploy again!!

5. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Linden I am like you playing the waiting game for my new prius..:) What I do when they start asking if I want this or that I say look its going to be hard for me to just make the payment so dont add anything to it....

N3FOL I also looked at the VW TDI but the quality is what I was worried about assembled in Mexico and I have heard alot of bad stories..:confused:

I can't wait to get it and the first thing I am going to do is tint those windows...

6. Linden

Linden New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got the call today - I can get my car on Monday :) They found an Alpine White for me. (what's the diff between canadian Alpine White and american Super White? ...)

I said 'No' to the paint protection and fabric protection :) I can do that after for way less! I'll be saying no to the ECP also - they are way over priced in Canada!!

First thing I'll be doing is Fabric Protection - I have 2 small dogs, so protection is a must (that's assuming I'll even let them in their - its dirty dog weather right now). I'd like to get the Windows tinted also. I got the side window visors and hood protector when I ordered the car.