1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well, I pick up my Prius on Monday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dstrout, Jul 16, 2005.

1. dstrout

dstrout New Member

Gaithersburg, MD (suburb of Washington, D.C.)
    Well, I just got back from the dealer's. I'll pick up my black / grey 2005 pkg #6 on Monday after work. It's a very mixed bag at the moment. I'm giving up my Mustang for the Prius, and I'm bummed about it. :cry: It makes sense for all the reasons that you all know (environment, supporting new technology, and in my case, saving almost $200 / mo. in gas costs). It's still a downer -- I am very attached to that car.

The flip side is, the next time I'm in a 2+ hr. traffic jam after a long work day, I'll be happy to have the Prius. The ability to drive past a gas station will also be a plus.

And, I've already started shopping for stuff -- gotta get my VVT-i badges, after all. and mud flaps and body molding and ipod interface and ... It's surprising how much you can do with these cars.

Anyway, I guess that's not the most upbeat "Got my Prius" post to ever hit the boards, eh? Sorry! As I drive her, I'm sure we'll warm up & become friends. But I'm going to miss that Mustang!

dave.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:a8d5d12f05]Buck up, buddy. You'll get used to it. You'll realize what a smart move this is in no time. The only thing you'll miss is the accelleration Gs while wasting gas. The more breathable air you contribute in the DC swamp is just icing on the cake. And you can drive in the VA carpool lanes...[/font:a8d5d12f05]