1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well, I put a deposit down.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jelloslug, Jun 12, 2008.

1. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My wife has been interested in the Prius for a little while now and we will be looking at buying in a few months so now is the time to put my name on the list. The dealer we are going with still sells below MSRP and is one of the highest volumn Prius dealers in the Southeast. Hopefully we will have some sort of a package 5 in a few months! :D

2. My2008Prius

My2008Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello and Welcome to PriusChat........

You'll most likely end up with a 2009 Prius if they don't have anyone back out of their purchases before the 2009's start arriving. Hopefully you will be enjoying the ride and the savings as I am.

3. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hope it isnt palm bch toyota, they'll sell you a corolla and have you believe its a prius..lol..

4. jelloslug

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nope, it's Jim Barkly Toyota in Asheville, NC. Asheville is a very "tree hugger" town and the Prius has always been a big hit there. On top of that the dealership seems to be a decent place with no mark ups, no BS addendum stickers, and a no hassle sales force. Also, they are still discounting Priuses (slightly) even in this market. I wish we would have been in a position earlier this year when that dealer was knocking thousands off no questions asked. Oh well, some discount is better than no discount....

5. jelloslug

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yea I suspect that will be the case. I don't have a problem taking an 08 or an 09, I would rather wait an extra month to get exactly what we want considering we keep a car until the wheels fall off....

6. lfwintx

lfwintx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm with you on keeping cars a long time! I bought my Jeep in October 1996 with the original intention of keeping it 10 years. At 10, I decided to aim for 12. I'm on the list now with the hopes of getting the Prius by fall -- and only because I'm tired of the high gas prices for the Jeep.

7. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <---put my deposit down months ago....hope you are willing to bear with a long wait...

8. jelloslug

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good things com to those who wait :D

We technically were not wanting to buy something until August or September so I'm hoping out timing will be perfect.

9. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    At least you all can look through Priuschat to pass the time ;)

10. kormaster

kormaster Junior Member

I was in the market for a prius in march. I should have gotten it then. Here is socal, markup is ridiculous and every dealer has a wait list. Talk about shift in market condition in couple of month.

I decided to just wait since I don't commute that much and still filling up every 1.5 week. My car is paid off so no sense of rushing...

11. jelloslug

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I know what you mean. In March we dropped in to the dealership, hopped into 1 of 9 Priuses that they had in stock (all with $1000 discounts), and took it for a spin for an hour or so. We should have bought that sucker then and there (we were already sold).....

12. surfkayakers

surfkayakers New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    i'm jealous. been calling around and the wait is 4-6 months...the toyota dealer in Columbia, TN is demanding an additional $4,000 over MSRP!

I'm from CT, and the state forgives the tax for the car purchase - anything like that in N.C.? What about dealer prep charges, etc.

The demand seems to bring out the worst in dealerships... I've spoken to some very greedy/seedy salespeople without any conscience whatsoever. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!:noidea:

13. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Huh? since when?

You have to pay the equivalent amount when you register the car, right?