1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well, my horn works!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by h2photo, Jul 30, 2007.

1. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Driving to work this morning, I was merging from one freeway to another (two exit lanes) I was in the right lane & in the left was a large truck w/ a pushy caddy behind it. I had a feeling it would happen, then it did, he never even looked! He about took off my front quarter panel, but somehow heard my horn, he cut in front of the van behind me and rode my nice person then flew around me & the large truck. I should have taken his plate down, driving like that's gonna kill someone someday!!

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Jul 30 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]487649[/snapback]</div>
    One of the reasons we left Phx, metro area.
    I used to run service appliance service.

sounds like the stack

3. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Some people just cannot drive, I tell you. There's an entrance to our local grocery store that scares the heck out of me to use, because people (who can see you entering, by the way) insist on cutting out in front of you even though they have the stop sign and you don't.

Irritates the heck out of me, because if they cause an accident I'll have to get out of the car and kick some behind.

4. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Jul 30 2007, 03:39 PM) [snapback]487649[/snapback]</div>
    I was driving on a local expressway Sunday, and some yoyo who was next to me in the lane to my left started moving over into me. I got on the brake and the horn; he hesitated slightly, but then kept coming over. I'm still not sure he knew I was there; just thought someone behind him was honking for the fun of it, I guess.

Defensive driving, for sure; situational awareness are the keys. I guess. If I hadn't stepped on the brake, I'd have been toast.

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Next time get their plate # and post them to platewire.com for all their friends to see!

6. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jul 30 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]487656[/snapback]</div>

Nope it was from the Santan 202 onto the 101N<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Jul 30 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]487745[/snapback]</div>
    hmmm never heard of it, I'll have to check it out!

7. alexstarfire

alexstarfire New Member

Well, around here we get all the people that stop, look at you, WAIT, then go right before you get to them. I swear it happens to me every other day. IF YOU'RE GONNA GO, GO.

There are idiots everywhere. As long as two idiots aren't next to each other I think we'll be OK. As long as you aren't an idiotI think you'll be fine.

We could probably go on forever about our bad driver rants.

8. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't like bad driving? Don't ever come to Alaska!

This place is the Wild West when it comes to driving. People routinely blow right through red lights, stop signs, and weave all over the highway while doing 20+ over, especially in town. Do the cops do anything? Hell no. There are hardly any cops to speak of.

I can't wait to get out of this place.

9. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexstarfire @ Jul 30 2007, 09:17 PM) [snapback]487829[/snapback]</div>
    I hear that, Alex. Is there any driver worse than an indecisive bad driver?