1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well, THIS never happened with the Prius before...

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by sparky1015, Mar 5, 2005.

1. sparky1015

sparky1015 New Member

Today, Saturday, my 11 year old and I had do to some Saturday-morning-errands--which included a stop at the bank.
    As we left the bank and were walking up to the Prius, I reached out to unlock the door as I usually do--with the smart key. Nothing happened. Door didn't unlock. Ok...tried it again. Nothing.
    So, I tried the fob--to unlock the door. nothing. what the hell???
    At this point my daughter asks, "dad, why is there a car seat in the car?" (we don't have a baby) Me, being the brain surgeon I am, I say, "Huh??"

Only THEN did I realize, it's NOT OUR PRIUS!!! LOL! Same color, same car. But MINE was about 6-7 cars down in the lot.

First time I've ever seen an identical Prius in a parking lot. The last few weeks, I've gotten used to being the guy with the "different" car. I just took it for granted the Silver Prius was mine. It's good to see MORE Prius out there.
    I'll be more careful in the future.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    LOL. Ah man. I feel your pain.
    At the fitness center a couple weeks ago, I intentionally parked right next to another Tideland BC Prius. Partly because my wife and I thought it was fun to see two identical Prii right next to one another but also because I wanted the driver to walk towards the two cars and question whether I parked on his right or left. :-D

3. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

All he (or she) had to do was to look at your front bumper...

4. sparky1015

sparky1015 New Member

It's good to see more and more Prius on the road. But, it was an interesting 2-3 minutes when we stood there trying to figure why the doors wouldn't open! LOL

5. froboy

froboy Junior Member

Ha, same here... I was coming to pick my girlfriend up from work and she came out to a Black 05, but halfway to the door realized it wasn't me. I showed up 5 min later to a confused and suprised girlfriend, and found out I have a twin in Hyde Park.

6. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    On Friday I spotted FIVE in my travels to Naperville and back. Certainly two Prius happy towns. For driving conditions in Chicago, with lots of congestion on local roads and highways and $2.50 gas... this car is made for Chicago!