1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Went from not knowing to "gotta have it"

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by priusnoobie, Jan 29, 2011.

1. priusnoobie

priusnoobie New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all, my name is Henry and last night I test drove a Prius II with no options. Now, I'm pretty ignorant about the Prius other than the fact that their owners love them and last night I found out why. I was impressed with every aspect of the vehicle. I've always liked the idea of how they work and the technology that goes into them always attracted my geeky side, but when actually driving it for the first time everything comes together very well. Sitting at the traffic light and the car dying out was kinda scary at first I will admit. Bottom line I'm here to research more about the vehicle and hopefully this time next year actually purchase one! Hope to learn more in your community of prii :)

P.S.: "Power Mode" is sooooooo fun, my best mpg during the test drive according to the computer was 24.7mpg :D

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: hope you pick up some helpfull tidbits!

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome and absorb. Lots to learn no doubt.

4. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome to Priuchat. LOL...at 27MPG, sounds like just a bit too much "power mode"!

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to PriusChat! :welcome:

Hopefully, a few months from now, we'll change your name from "noob" to "owner" after you're no longer a newbie.

6. priusnoobie

priusnoobie New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hopefully! i was at the houston auto show and i signed up for more updates and the lady that took my info told me that my closest dealer will be contacting me to come check out the prius (so i get to play in power mode again - assuming its another demo model with some miles under its belt) and i get a free amazon.com gift card just by showing up and testing it out! i got my confirmation email today.

i already know i want a III with the solar roof package. i don't care about the color although that pretty pearl white is preferable.

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't go too much by the gage on a short drive. First 5 minutes of driving a Prius, the fuel economy can be pretty low as the engine is warming up. The next 5 minutes fuel economy will be about double.

Sometimes, I've filled up, reset meter, drive home 1 1/2 miles and avg. is some low number in 20's or 30's. Othertimes, filled up after engine is warm, go onto freeway, avg climbs over 60 MPGs but comes back to 50 after a while.

On extended driving whether city, or freeway, it was usually high 40s in 40F weather, low 50's in 60F+ weather.