1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Went to favorite Dealer, new 2011 on Sat

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Timw, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Timw

Timw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I posted "waiting on 2011 Prius" earlier, But! was driving on a short trip and went by a dealership that I had been dealing with for the past 20 years and stopped in this morning ( about 40 miles from my house). They are in 4 states, so I asked about their Prius inventory and they said the had about 30. Well I found a 2011 Prius II in Sandy Beach for less then the other dealer was offering. So I called my first dealer up and they said the Blizzard White Prius they had was at the dock. But when I told the one I was at they increase my trade a couple of hundred better then the first dealer. I think I might have made the first dealer mad, he said " You gave me your word" and a man's word means everything! I'm sorry but I have been dealing with the one I was at for 20 years and they are great on top of that they are selling it for under MSRP and giving me better price on the trade. All in all about 700.00 better deal, plus they have the car in the color that I wanted. They are bringing it up from the out of state lot and I will pick it up on Saturday!!!! Instead of waiting another possible week or two depending on customs.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds great. That other dealer wouldn't have had a problem screwing you over if they could... I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You got what you really wanted.

3. dinger_greg

dinger_greg New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The dealer was just pissed off he lost out on a sale. Congrats on your new Prius.

4. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    You did good! Like the Sandybeach always looks clean!

5. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Salespersons are trained on how to make a customer feel guilty for not taking a deal. The loosing dealer will sell the Prius 3 times over, so no loss to the dealership. Of course, the salesperson looses a commission, and that's why he's trying to make you feel guilty. If you gave the original dealer a deposit, good luck getting it back.

Let' us know when you pick up your new Prius.

6. Timw

Timw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks!! I did get it back, that's when the sales manager told me this. The salesperson was Great! But this manager I would classify as a typical "car salesman". The dealership that I bought it from and the experience there just reminded why I had always bought from them in past. I didn't go there first was because the distance, but no problem now! I've had Dodge cars and trucks in the past and they have bent over backwards servicing all the warranty problems with them.Glad I went back to them.

7. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I always tell them up front that my only loyalty is to my wallet! If they want my business, they'll at least match the other dealers offer, if they won't then it's their fault, not mine! All these cars cost the same to each dealership, so there's no reason (other than greed) that they all can't offer the same price on identical vehicles! Feel good you saved $700.00 and hope the losing dealership learned something for the lost sale!

8. TonyK51

TonyK51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree with the others.

Congrats and enjoy the new Prius.