1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

We're getting nicer every day

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rae Vynn, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  2. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Sep 6 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]508140[/snapback]</div>
    Richard Dawkins makes a similar point: what he calls the zeitgeist, is always changing and in recent times changing significantly for the better.

I just hope some major cataclysm doesn't plunge us back into the dark ages - nuclear accident, nuclear attack, severe climate shift or collision with a 16 mile wide asteroid - before we're able to deal with such cataclysms with the maturity of mind we're clearly moving toward.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One of my favorite thoughts to pass onto others is that they may not like the rules we have to live under but there will always be rules. Even if all the rules of country and state were removed someone else would impose their rules on you. The country and state are pretty even handed in the application of rule, the right to a trial etc. A survival of the fittest ruler may not be so kind.

I would rather live under the rule of my country than under the rule of outlaw gangs.

I would mostly credit the security of a good legal system for the reduction in personal violence.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I bet he's never worked in a Middle School.

5. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 6 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]508275[/snapback]</div>
    ROFLMAO!!! :lol:

6. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Sep 6 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]508140[/snapback]</div>
    Screw you. No we are not.

;)