1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

West Coast Customs Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by meannejay, Nov 16, 2007.

1. meannejay

meannejay New Member

Did anyone else see the TLC show 'Street Customs' last night? The Prius never looked so good. I am trying to customise my '05 and I want to get ideas. Please post pictures and links to places I can buy accessories. I am new to this site. Mahalo!

2. SuperDave

SuperDave Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think it was great, they did a wonderfull job. Shows and cars like that will help get the younger people interested in hybrids, and help to reach the mainstream.

3. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pitot @ Nov 16 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]540728[/snapback]</div>
    <div align="left">
    I saw the show last night, too. The finished car was sweet! It was kind of scary watching them tear into the top for the sunroof :eek:

Here's a link to a partial video of the episode:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/street-c...rius/2074958008

Too bad they didn't include the unveiling showing the upgraded seats and stereo.

West Coast Customs doesn't have photos of the Prius on their site yet, but maybe it will be added later.</div>

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't like the looks of he body kit so far. Hopefully the finished product will be better. I'm anxious to see the paint all finished though. :)

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got all excited when I saw the 'turbo' stuff. Sigh.
    Did you hear the guy say 'What's this door for?' D'oh.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Nov 16 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]540759[/snapback]</div>
    It's to be expected. Half the people I talk to act shocked when I tell them you can't plug my car into a wal socket. :lol:

7. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did they put 8000 watts worth of speakers/amps in the back and a 40" plasma like when they did shows on Pimp My Ride?

8. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't recall what kind of stereo they put in, but they did have LCD's in the backs of the headrests. By the way, Pitot, are you into aviation? Just curious....anyways you might want to check out the Prius Modificatons sectioin of PC. Just go to Forums -> Prius Modificatons. You should be able to find everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask about body kits, etc.

9. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It looks like the Sunroof kit they used was an Inalfa Event 300 compact spoiler sunroof.

http://www.inalfa-sunroofs.com/spoilers.html

At a street price of $329 for the kit it looks tempting, but hacking into the roof ummm :eek: :eek:

10. tdsoup

tdsoup New Member

I watched the show and taped it and rewatched it. Have to say that I did not care for the customization that they did. I didn't like the paint scheme or the black wheels. Maybe this is the new wave of customizing; maybe it's a generation thing, but wasn't for me. Happy to see the Prius make the customization shows though.

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sparkyAZ @ Nov 17 2007, 10:23 PM) [snapback]541095[/snapback]</div>
    I agree, and adding weight that high up isn't a great idea, either.