1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Western NY Purchase & Price

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by rico7684, Jan 31, 2007.

1. rico7684

rico7684 New Member

I just picked up my 07' Classic Silver Prius base model this afternoon and am thrilled with the both the vehicle and the price I paid.

I used the internet negotiating method laid out at www.carbuyingtips.com after receiving a quote through an online discount price service (carsbelowinvoice.com, carsdirect.com, etc.).

It took nearly 2 full weeks from the start of the process, but it was worth it as I was able to have several dealers bid against each other without ever leaving my home (and man its COLD up here in the Great Lakes!). I e-mailed four dealers in the Buffalo, NY area, four in the Rochester area and 2 in the Syracuse area. The negotiations came down to two dealers in Rochester, NY (Dorschel Toyota & Hoselton Toyota) and the internet sales persons were no push overs, but they were professional.

Here is the final price I paid at Dorschel Toyota:
    07' Base Prius MSRP - $22,795 (Including Destination)

Negotiated Price - $21,100
    NYS Sales Tax - $1503.38
    Dealer Prep Fee - $99.95
    Document Fee - $45
    Registration - $80
    NYS Tire Fee - $12.50
    NYS Inspection - $10
    -----------------------------------------------
    Total Price = $22,850.83

I received $1695 off of MSRP and believe I got a pretty good deal as a few of the Dealers that responded said they could not go lower than $21,595, even though I e-mailed them saying I had lower offers.

If anyone is looking to purchase in Western, NY there a several dealers with Prius' on their lots, however Dorschel has over twenty as of this date and Hoselton was the next lowest in their price offer and also had good inventory.

Thanks for everyone who offered great tips and advice and I hope this post helps someone in this part of New York State.
    Rico

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rico @ Jan 31 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]383657[/snapback]</div>
    Hi THere,
    I bought my 2006 from Dorshcel and was very pleased with the experience and the price. My salesman was Dave Macaluse and I would recommend him to anyone.