1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wet Okole Installation - LONG DAY

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Scott & Andrea, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Scott & Andrea

Scott & Andrea New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For anyone considering the Wet Okole seat covers, we installed them today in both our new Prius and our Honda Ridgeline pickup truck. What an ordeal! I will admit the Ridgeline was a much more difficult installation, but the Prius was no cakewalk.

I do all of my own motorcycle mechanical work; valve adjustments, steering bearings, etc. But, this job was tough! For those of you who said you installed everything in 30 minutes, you either need a watch repair, or you have the nimblest fingers known to man. It took my wife and I over six hours to get them both done. By the way, this is definitely a 2-person job.

In the end, they are VERY nice, and we're glad we bought them. Just be mentally prepared for the effort required.

1 person likes this.
  2. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Like to see some pics.

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. blueumbrella

blueumbrella Member of Prius Regeneration

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also installed my Wet Okole seat covers today in my Prius (solid grey charcoal). I did it myself in just over 2 hours. I agree it was a tough go. They are quality as advertised and they do add cushioning to the seat. I will post pictures later. I had particular trouble on the driver's side. While stuffing the strap behind the plastic skirt, a small yellow clip popped off from behind the skirt. It helps hold the plastic skirt in place and I could not find where it went to reattach it. I spent considerable time trying to figure this out. Finally, after looking and looking at the passenger side seat, I saw a similar clip and figured it out.

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Since you all put it so nicely.....

PICHERS....

[​IMG]

The ever popular Drivers Seat...

[​IMG]

The Spacious Rear Seat

[​IMG]

The obligitory Wide Shot!
    !
    There you go...PICHERS!!! Enjoy!!

I am also happy to see that you are employing one of the Geico cavemen, his artful holding of the "pichers" sign is inspiring!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh man that looks super, you want to do mine.

7. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It was EASY.... I live in L.A., there is a Wet Okale shop South of me about 40 minutes or so. I stopped in and ordered them there, two weeks later they were ready and, TADA, FREE Installation!!!

SWEET!!!

I watched my installer work. He made it look easy, but we spoke a little and said that he also had a lot of installs under his belt. He sure had the moves!!! It took him aout 90 minutes or so to do the work..

My hats off to you guys who did it yourself!! Have a beer on me!!! None of that Lite/Light stuff either!!!

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Wow, those are REALLY red!

My 2004's cloth to Leather changeout in '05 was a breeze ... though it did take all day. 180 minute round trip drive north, to an L.A. upholstery shop, with a couple short walking trips out for breakfast and an early dinner. I thought those 2 guys would never finish!

:rolleyes:

9. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It took me about two hours. A lot of pulling and finagling and trying not to get one's fingers cut on some metal corner underneath. Nothing technical.

But worth it.

10. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i know wet okole are real popular with jeep wrangler owners, are they all 100% waterproof? seems like a silly question to ask of a car that is not avail with convertible or moonroof, but those neopreen seat covers seem like an awesome alternative for someone who wants to have an interior upgrade w/o going to leather which is super hot in the summer and super hot in the winter.

11. blippo

blippo New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I seen that yellow clip laying on the floor also when I was fooling with the skirts. Does that yellow clip go between those other two hooks on the skirt and hook onto something under the seat?