1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wet Okole Seat Covers - Lumbar Support

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Claudia, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Getting ready to order some Wet Okole seat covers, and wondered what the concensus was of those who had tried them with the lumbar support.

Driving does seem to give me a backache - I'm hoping the seat covers themselves will help with that, but don't know if the lumbar supports are worth the cost and added installation bother (we're really not good with stuff like installation of anything).

Opinions? Thanks. :)

2. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

In the words of the infamous Stone Cold Steve Austen:

"H*** Yeah!"

I don't remember how much extra they were, only that it was fairly minor in comparison to the overall cost of the covers. (I got front and rear.) They came with the supports already in place inside the seat covers, so it added absolutly no extra work to the install. Even if they had been seperate, they just velcro into place. I absolutly love them. Being very pregnant at the moment, I thank myself everytime I get into the car for having bought the lumbar supports.

3. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawkjm73 @ Sep 7 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]316099[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks - just what I wanted to know! I was pregnant one hot summer many years ago . . . I haven't forgotten how bad the back could ache!
    Best of luck with the little one!
    :)

4. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Sep 8 2006, 12:24 AM) [snapback]316189[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks!
    I keep wondering how my back manages to not give up entirely! Those lumbars plus the VERY good A/C in the Prius have kept me able to actually go out of the house here in AZ. We were actully rejoicing today that it didn't break triple digits.

5. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Should I take the rather sparse response to this question to mean that the lumbar support option isn't very popular and therefore most people have not bought it?

6. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Sep 9 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]317065[/snapback]</div>
    My guess is that only a very small number of people actually have Wet Okole covers and they might not log in every day. There were a couple of comments in this thread

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=7705

I'm still on the fence because it is quite a big expense to order without actually seing how they look in a Prius in person. Even if I decide I want them, I think I would have a hard time picking out the colors and options. Good luck with your purchase!

7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Sep 9 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]317066[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Trevor. I know I'm going to order the Wet Okole seat covers - can't resist that extra padding, for one thing. We have a 2006 Barcelona Red with the light tan interior. I'm planning on getting the two tone seat covers, with red on the inside panels and black on the outside, with red half piping. I think it'll look great! :) The only reason I haven't already ordered them is that I'm trying to make up my mind about the lumbar support. Since it says it's built into the seat covers, I'm not sure I could get rid of the lumbar support pieces if we didn't like it - may just do without unless I see some more positive feedback.

8. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Sep 9 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]317111[/snapback]</div>

I think I can help with that one. The supports are "built in" with velcro. If you hate them, they'd just pull right out. Also, if they don't line up right with your back, you can reposition them. You'd never know they were there when they're not inflated, and they use a little hand pump to inflate to the users desire.

9. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawkjm73 @ Sep 10 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]317311[/snapback]</div>
    That's just what I wanted to know! Thanks much. :)

10. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Sep 9 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]317065[/snapback]</div>

I recently ordered Wet Okole covers for my new Prius...I ordered the driver's side lumbar support..Having been a chiropractor in active practice for the last 25 years I can tell you that some sort of lumbar support is very helpful to many people...I have never tried the Wet Okole lumbar support, but there was no question that I would order at the very least, the driver side whe I ordered my seat covers...