1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wet Okole Seat covers. Red and Black

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TheForce, Mar 7, 2007.

?
  1. Old School Prius Logo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. New School Prius Logo

100.0%
  1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I decided to get a set of Wet Okole seat covers with my tax return. $3150 going to car payment the rest for car toys :D

I'm going with Red and black seat covers. Red for the inside panels and black for outside panels.

The one thing I cant decide on is what logo I should get. The logo will be black. I made this post to get your opinion. That and so I could make a post with a poll. B)

Should I go with the old school Prius logo or go with the new school Prius logo?

I think it would be nice to have a little old school with the new Prius but I also think that the new logo will keep the the car looking consistent with everything matching.

What do you think?

Of course when I get them I will post pictures in this thread.

Old School
    [​IMG]

New School
    [​IMG]

2. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Keep it New School
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]
    :D

3. rockefella

rockefella Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Mar 8 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]402391[/snapback]</div>

Kinda off-thread, but I was wondering, are the wet okole seats liquid/water resistant? I've got a 2 year old who likes to spill stuff in the car and am trying to decide was seat covers to go with.

Thanks!

New School, definitely.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Mar 7 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]402004[/snapback]</div>

4. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rockefella @ Mar 8 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]402394[/snapback]</div>
    Yes they are water resistant. I think I remember that "Wet Okole" stands for "Wet Butt" in Hawaiian. The best way to describe them would be they are like a very thin mouse pad or wet suite. Cloth like material on top with some rubber stuff on the bottom. Go to http://www.wetokole.com/ to get some samples.

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    New School, definately!!

6. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I think I'm going with the new logo. I'm currently in the process of seeing if Wet Okole will use my custom made new Prius logo. They currently have the old one ready to order but not the new one. :(

7. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Mar 13 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]404908[/snapback]</div>
    :huh: What are the reasons for the covers? I have yet to see one up close. Are they warmer/cooler? What advantages?

Lee

8. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gadgetdad @ Mar 16 2007, 02:14 AM) [snapback]406638[/snapback]</div>
    I'm getting them because I think it will make the car look good.

9. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Mar 16 2007, 05:34 AM) [snapback]406692[/snapback]</div>
    I can appreciate the looks! But, how do they feel? I like the concept but in hot weather when the car's greehouse effect has interior at 130 degrees, do they moderate the seat temp like cloth or fry like leather when you first sit on them? :(

Lee

10. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gadgetdad @ Mar 17 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]407402[/snapback]</div>
    You will have to get an answer from someone that actually has them. They should not be hot by my guess because they are just like a wet suit only a lot thinner.

I just placed my order for the seat covers with the new Prius logo. Thanks to everyone that voted. :D I should e getting them in a few weeks.

11. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got my seat covers in today. They look great! They are exactly what I wanted. I'm glad I went with the new Prius logo. Just got back from moonlight bowling and I'm very tired. Just had time to take one picture and its not all that great. I could do better but I'm going to sleep. I will post better and more pictures by Tuesday after I get them installed.

[​IMG]

12. Dutch Girl

Dutch Girl New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Apr 7 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]419253[/snapback]</div>

13. Dutch Girl

Dutch Girl New Member

I am thinking about getting seat covers like the ones you just ordered. My Pruis is Barcelona red also and I'm wondering how the reds look together? Is the seat color the same or different then the outside color. If different how does it look, lighter or darker than the outside. My seat color is very light tan and I'm concerned about keeping the interior looking nice. Do they offer a cover for the center arm rest?

14. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Apr 7 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]419253[/snapback]</div>
    looks good, lets see what they look like installed!

15. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well after 3 hours and a cut finger ( I cant do a project without injuring myself :angry: ) they are finally installed. :D

I think the red matches the Barcelona Red perfectly. They look great and they feel great! They add a little more padding so the seats feel a little softer.

I bought the lumbar support for the driver side. It feels good but I don't know how well it will help on the long run yet.

I did remove the rear center armrest cover before adding the Wet Okole cover to it. I did this because I knew that it would be too thick. It was not not that hard to do. You have to remove the plastic cover on the right hand side of the armrest pivot point. Then unbolt it. The original cover is just zippered on.

There are a few things I don't like. One is that the back seats are a little hard to lock in. The second is that the rear center arm rest wont close all the way. Third is the center console is hard to close with the cover on. This is all because of the added thickness of the seat covers. I'm guessing this will all work its self out after they get worn in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ooh, didn't realize you had done the back seats as well. it looks amazing!! :eek: I had been contemplating getting these covers (surfing alot puts wet people in my car often), but now it's pretty much guaranteed. even convinced me on the rears too!

Did you get the swatch from them, or just go with their red? I've got a driftwood pearl and haven't yet decided on what color I want my seats to be. I was thinking about stopping by their outlet in Costa Mesa to settle it.

The struggle and pain was definitely worth the outcome, I would say!! Damn that looks good. Congrats!

17. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks.

I ordered the swatches before I ordered. I highly recommend getting them before you order.

I highly recommend Wet Okole seat covers even if you don't get in the car soaking wet. :)

Also here is a link to the seat disassembly and reassembly in case anyone needs them.

Prius Seat Disassembly Instructions

You wont need to remove the original covers but you do need to disassemble some stuff to make it easier to install the Wet Okole covers.

18. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just when I thought I had resisted the urge, after seeing those picks I sent for swatches. Now I have to decide if I want to go flashy or subtle.

Is that the half piping model.

19. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Apr 9 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]420545[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. I got the half piping. :)

20. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Love it!

Why no logo on back seats?

Very good look, I'm tempted but wife will get hostile.