1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wet Okole Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jamesbalch, Dec 5, 2006.

1. jamesbalch

jamesbalch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What a great set of seat covers! Yes, they aren't cheap ($315 delivered is far from cheap for seat covers)! But these babies look even better than factory seat coverings! They are very easy to install also.

I guess I didn't pick up on the fact that the covers included a center console cover. It looks a little wrinkled but I would rather have the fabric protected.

All in all, a worth while purchase! If you can afford them, don't hesitate to get them! :)

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What colors did you get? Can you post some pictures?

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Trust me... the wrinkles will all work themselves out pretty soon. i got mine when i first got the car (put them on within two weeks), and while some things were wrinkly out of the box, its all smooth now.

4. jamesbalch

jamesbalch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Dec 5 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]358027[/snapback]</div>
    I have the Charcoal Grey interior with black trim. I wanted the covers to be as close as the factory interior colors as possible, so I went with the Charcoal Grey, with the same color piping. Not flashy, but like I said, they look as good as the factory coverings! And the color match is VERY close also!

I will try to post some pics later on today. :)

Do you have them?

5. jamesbalch

jamesbalch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Dec 5 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]358027[/snapback]</div>
    Here is a pic. Hope it gets on here. Like I said, not flashy (like some of the more outlandish ones they have for sale!) but looks factory and that's what I wanted. You can see a few wrinkles still....but as Eagle said, those that have purchased them say that the wrinkles will eventually work themselves out!

Also, they add a little more cushion to the regualr seat pads.

Be sure to get the ones with the cutouts on the seat back side if you have side airbags. The guy that I ordered from was REALLY helpful on that....I would have ordered the wrong ones if he hadn't spoke up. Look on the door post side of your seatbacks....there will be a little tag attached to the fabric if you have side airbags on your seats. BE SURE before you order! They warn you that they are custom and that you cannot return them for a mistake in your order.

Heh-Heh! I just noticed the golf ball in the picture! Wondered where that went......

Attached Files:

6. jimklausner

jimklausner Connecticut Yankee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B. @ Dec 6 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]358371[/snapback]</div>
    WOW, they are beautiful! Your picture has convinced me to order them. I am thinking of only getting the covers for front seats since my children are long gone. Thanks for the hint about looking for the little tag attached to seatbacks on door post side of fabric. Any hints in regards to installation? Did you obtain swatches before deciding upon color?

7. jamesbalch

jamesbalch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ConnecticutYankee @ Dec 15 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]362890[/snapback]</div>
    I did the same thing and only ordered the front covers. I usually drive alone to work or with the wifey on errands, so the back seat is seldom used (at least the wifey and I don't use it....been married too long!!!!!!).

Installation - pretty straight forward. Be sure to get the seat back covers on correctly in regards to the air bag opening (should go outboard). The bottom seat covers have a "Wet Okole" tag, which is also supposed to face outboard....but I looked them over pretty carefully and I think that they could go on either side with no problems. When you route your tie down straps under the seat, be careful of sharp metal edges! Also, be aware that (dependent on option package), there could be some electrical cabling that will have to be taken into account.

I did not obtain swatches....I found the color match representation online to be faily accurate when compared to my interior color. I just took the chance that it was actual and plunged ahead with my order! But it certainly wouldn't hurt to get the swatches.

I am glad that I could finally help someone here. I have been here a relatively short time but have gotten many helpful hints about the way the Prius operates.

Good luck! :D

8. jimklausner

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B. @ Dec 18 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]363666[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for getting back to me. I just noticed you live in Manchester, NH. My daughter, husband, and granddaughter live in Walpole.

Like you, I am a new subscriber to PriusChat, and have found information on it to be most valuable.

Here is my e-mail address if you care to communicate directly: [email protected].

Jim

9. jimklausner

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B. @ Dec 18 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]363666[/snapback]</div>
    My previous reply should have said, "...daughter, HER husband,..."

A question. Wet Okole website has $235 for front seat covers. What did you do to raise the cost to the amount you indicated in a previous posting on PriusChat?

10. jamesbalch

jamesbalch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ConnecticutYankee @ Dec 18 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]363871[/snapback]</div>
    I went with the :

Prius Bucket Seat Covers - $235
    Full Piping - $ 40
    Large Seat Back Pocket -$ 20
    ====
    Total: $295
    Shipping: $ 20
    ====
    Grand Total: $315

11. jimklausner

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B. @ Dec 18 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]363895[/snapback]</div>
    Jim B.,
    Thanks for the response.

Ahhh...the shipping. I had made the same selections, but forgot the $20 shipping.

Jim K. (aka, Connecticut Yankee)