1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wet Okole seat covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Greyskye, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

These custom seat covers look really sharp, and the testimonials that they have (of course) rave about them. Anyone here have any personal experience? Here are some example pics of some Prius seat covers by them:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like there is a lot of customization available! http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/TOY/PRIUSF

2. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I looked into putting a set in my Chevy Avalanche and all I know is.....
    Mucho De Niro$$
    Did you get a quote?

3. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

The pricing on the website http://wetokole.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc...&Store_Code=WOH seems fairly reasonable. $225 a pair for the front buckets, $250 for a 60/40 rear bench. Rear pockets on both front seats is $40 extra total, and it's a little extra for piping and graphics. So under $600 total.

4. brian albert

brian albert New Member

I just ordered a set for the front seats. I will let you know how they are when they come in. Figure 2 to 4 weeks.

Brian

5. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Color? design?
    What did you order and was it just $225?
    I'm also curious how comfortable and if they will become hot and sticky on a really warm August day sitting in traffic...... :roll:

6. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian albert\";p=\"77666)</div>
    Excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing your review, and finding out what the install process is like!

7. Brent

Brent New Member

I went to their factory store in Costa Mesa, CA yesterday afternoon. I looked at a bunch of installed seat covers (both on loose car seats in their showroom and some in employee's cars). They are simply the best-fitting seat covers I have ever seen. They look almost like a factory interior. I ordered a full set (front & rear) with seat pockets, a lumbar support for the driver's seat, and a center console armrest cover. With tax it was $590.00 (same price as buying it off of the website), and they will install it free when they are done. I'll post pics in about two weeks.
    The one thing I do not like about the Prius is the tan interior that comes with the pearl blue paint. This will hide a lot of that, and will be much less likely to show small amounts of dirt. Next I have to figure out if I can get a gray or charcoal replacement carpet for a reasonable price - any ideas?

8. Brent

Brent New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bshef\";p=\"77668)</div>
    No, they shouldn't. They are covered with a layer of nylon fabric which doesn't feel like rubber or plastic. I was concerned about that until I visited the factory. They actually add comfort (as they are padded), and temperatures shouldn't be a problem.

9. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Brent.......Thanks for all the info! I've visited that same store. We live in HB....

I'll probably get my window's tinted 1st (man was it hot today!)....... then maybe work on getting the seat covers later.......We go to the beach with the dogs alot.....so seat covers are definately on my list.

How long for them to get them done?

10. Brent

Brent New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bshef\";p=\"77729)</div>
    They said 5 to 7 business days.

11. Vernon

Vernon New Member

Is the back of the rear seat (visible through the hatch) covered too?

12. brian albert

brian albert New Member

I ordered the standard front bucket seat covers, no pockets, no lumbar, with the Purple Aloha pattern. Cost was $225 plus $20 shipping.

Brian

13. Brent

Brent New Member

I got a call from Wet Okole. My covers are ready, and they are going to install them tomorrow morning. :D I'll post some pics over the weekend.

14. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    saweeeeeeeet!

15. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brent\";p=\"79375)</div>
    Looking forward to the pics!

16. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am going to be ordering mine tomorrow morning on the phone as I want a custom graphic. What colors have you been thinking about or did you get? That Cobalt blue really looks sharp. I got a set of tiles from them with Lt Gray, Charcoal, Cobalt, Mocha and a few others. They all look different than the digital pictures on their web page. The Lt Gray is not as white looking as in the pic, and the mocha is more lt brown looking. The cobalt is a little lighter blue too. The Lt Gray and Charcoal match, but then the current seats have a pattern to them and the covers will not. I am still drawn to the Cobalt, with either a dive flag for the graphic or the US flag.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.scubadivervideo.com/images/Prius/cobaltdive.gif
    :D :D :D

17. Brent

Brent New Member

I ordered the charcoal grey with black borders. I'm getting them installed this morning & will hopefully post pics this weekend. I did not get a logo. I thought about having the Prius logo put on them, but they wanted 40 dollars for that and that seemed a bit excessive... also, the logos are sewn in, and that will possibly be a spot where the covers start to fray.

18. Brent

Brent New Member

I just picked up my Prius from Wet Okole... the covers look great! They fit like a glove, no wrinkles or anything. :D I'll post pics over the weekend.

19. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brent\";p=\"79791)</div>
    How does the color look?

20. Brent

Brent New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScubaX\";p=\"79817)</div>
    How does the color look?[/b][/quote]

Great. I chose the charcoal grey inserts with black borders. It blends in well with the existing dash colors. These seat covers are awesome! No wrinkles, sags, etc. even after a several hour drive. They truly do fit like a glove or wetsuit!